Firefox 2.0 released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got mine all setup the way I like it. My old theme doesn't have an update for 2.0 yet, so I moved on to a nice little number called 'Maxi'. Search for it on the mozilla themes database, it's quite noice.

image1eb1.gif

the rockin edge said:
i got it yesterday :drool:

some of my add-ons don't work either, but several of them are irrelevant because what they added is now a standard feature in Firefox.

Yeah I heard session saving is finally built-in? :drool: That would replace one of my must haves.

neutral said:

Yeah I heard session saving is finally built-in? :drool: That would replace one of my must haves.
Tools > Options > Main > Startup drop down box :drool:
Just don't close Firefox when you have something nasty open, or you're friend is in for a suprise when she goes to check her email :drool:

Done and done!

I like that external links and Gmail messages now automatically open a new tab instead of a new browser.

Does anyone know how to get a new tab to open up the homepage instead of a blank? When I used to use the plugin "tab mix plus", it would open up the page with the homepage loaded.

Other than that, my theme is still yet to be updated to 2.0, but that's alright for now.

I do like the auto spell checker built in. Now I can see MSWord-like red lines rebuking me. :happy:

Canadiens1160 said:
Got mine all setup the way I like it. My old theme doesn't have an update for 2.0 yet, so I moved on to a nice little number called 'Maxi'. Search for it on the mozilla themes database, it's quite noice.

image1eb1.gif

Neither does mine. I decided to go with the Halloween theme in the meantime.

Canadiens1160 said:

image1eb1.gif

Hey Canadiens, what interface of Windows are you using? It looks really nice.

martha said:
I have a spankin' new iMac. I was thinking about downloading Firefox. But I'm old and scared.
Meh if you've got a Mac you're probably using Apple's browser Safari, which is no slouch compared to what most people use - Internet Explorer :uhoh:

Canadiens1160 said:
Meh if you've got a Mac you're probably using Apple's browser Safari, which is no slouch compared to what most people use - Internet Explorer :uhoh:

Oh, but Firefox is leaps and bounds ahead of Safari. :drool:

Martha, download Firefox, it's worth it and it won't break your Mac, I promise :D

Haven't installed it yet. Has Mozilla fixed that stupid memory issue that Firefox has always had? It never seemed to free any of the memory it allocated. It was a pain in the butt if you didn't have plenty of memory.

U2Man said:
Haven't installed it yet. Has Mozilla fixed that stupid memory issue that Firefox has always had? It never seemed to free any of the memory it allocated. It was a pain in the butt if you didn't have plenty of memory.
Apparently that memory leak has been fixed. Firefox will still hog up to 150,000k if I check the task manager, but only if I'm using several intensive web apps (like the Yahoo mail beta) in separate tabs. For having a couple tabs open to regular websites, it uses around 78,000k and I have no evidence to say that usage increases for no reason.

Canadiens1160 said:
Apparently that memory leak has been fixed. Firefox will still hog up to 150,000k if I check the task manager, but only if I'm using several intensive web apps (like the Yahoo mail beta) in separate tabs. For having a couple tabs open to regular websites, it uses around 78,000k and I have no evidence to say that usage increases for no reason.

Thank goodness. When you have only 256 RAM and a six year old Celeron, memory is a scarce resource!

great, this has completely fucked up my tabbed browsing, thanks a lot :grumpy:

does anybody have an install file for an older version of firefox? this new version has screwed me over. i have to use IE now :sad: :sad: :sad:

Chizip said:
im so happy, lets make out :kiss:

warning to others: dont download 2.0 :grumpy:

:hyper: :kiss:

I didn't because there are usually bugs with new software releases. Plus my favorite extensions and themes don't work with 2.0.
I'll just wait a few months. That way all the nerdier nerds will add fun stuff. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom