Final Fantasy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LJT

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This is not going to be a poll for which is your favourite Final Fantasy (though I wouldn't mind hearing which one is, though I find that likely to be FFVII for the majority of you:p). Instead what way do you want the game to develop in the future? What elements from past games do you want to see returned? Or even why you hate the game series:wink:

I have to say I was quite disappointed with 12......gameplay was a big step forward with real-time fighting and so on, but the story was was almost non-existant, and even though the FMVs were all of a technically high quality, none of them were as exciting or awe inspiring as previous FMVs such as 10's opening sequence, or the mechanical spider chase in 8 or even the ballroom sequence in 8. Espers also became redundant in 12, there was no need to use them as they seemed very weak compared to their previous incarnations, having only similar HP to your characters, they died quite quickly, plus the quickenings (characters uber moves) were just much more powerful and for the same MP cost, I only used my espers once.

A problem with the past games in the series proper (10 and 12) is that there ends up being little character differentiation, they all end up with the same skills and abilities, there is very little reason to use all your characters which made it kind of pointless in having more than 3 characters....

I would love 7's materia system to come back, I thought it worked brilliantly and if combined with 12 real time system and a better story I think we would more or less have the best Final Fantasy...

Oh one final change, they should get round to making armour actually visible on your characters, it's starting to bug me now.....

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...honestly I hate MMORPGs....unless they get to the point where they can create good user driven stories with the dramatic flair of offline games like Final Fantasy or MGS, I shall hate them:wink:

I was pretty impressed with XII actually... I'm still playing it months later... :up:

My favourite all time would probably be VI (or III if you had it on SNES) which I would kill for a re-make on the PS3 :drool: Both VII and VIII were excellent as well though.

To tell the truth, I found X and X-2 ( :yuck: ) the most disappointing... I was not very interested in the story or the characters and I hated Blitzball or whatever the hell it was :angry:

My major quibble with XII is the story, Balthier and Fran were the most interesting characters yet they were just poor Han and Wookie rip offs.

Vaan was uhh a non entity, i'm not sure why the other characters even bothered with him...Penelo as well....Basch could have been cool, but he was never that well developed.....and Vayne was pretty weak as a villian...he does bugger all for much of the story.

VI is a classic....played itvia emulator and the playstation re-release...a PS3 update would be amazing, all the characters had interesting enough stories and had a part to play in the grand scheme of things, Locke, Terra etc

final fantasy 7 with awesome graphics like the other final fantasy games (FFX/FFXII etc)

that would be awesome, and a film made from that game, before the orginial FF film (Advent children)

Back
Top Bottom