Facebook/connection issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
Lately, when I log into Facebook, I'll go do a few things and then my connection will give out completely. It will stay connected to the net, but I can't get to any website. This only happens when I visit facebook. So I'll disconnect the net and redial, but even then there will be no connection speed. I have to actually restart the computer for it to start working again.

I'm on dial-up, as I'm sure many of you know since I whine about it daily. If anyone has a clue as to what's going on here, I would be most grateful. I have run Ad-aware and virus check and stuff and nothing.

Thanks

When I initially went in today, I had the same issues as before. I was able to log in, I tried to change my status and then the connection speed died out. Restarted once again and then read this thread.. I usually have it set so my cookies and cache delete whenever I close firefox.. this time I set it so it asked me everytime whenever there was going to be cookie usuage.. and lo-and behold, I was actually able to change my status and reply to a message without it puttering out on me. That being said, I didn't stay logged in there very long.. lest it decide to do it again.

I'll post back again shortly after a long visit.

Thanks for the help :)

Well, so much for that theory.

I tried logging in once again for a longer time, I went around to various things.. and then.. nothing. I got the "this page will not display" and once again I couldn't connect to any other website despite the fact I was still connected. Disconnected and redialed, once again nothing. Shutting down the computer and turning it back on is the only way to get it to work again..

And like I said before, this only happens on Facebook.

I am utterly confuzzled.

I checked the other computer in the house with dialup.. and it has the same problem..

Back
Top Bottom