Extracting a DVD to iTunes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
Sorry if there is a similar thread, I did a search and explored the threads.

Soooooo I was lookin to import or extract or whatever the term is for placing a DVD disc to iTunes. I was wondering if anyone knew of any free software or a way to get the DVDs to iTunes. And if it's software I HATE watermarks, so no watermarks either. Thanks in advance to the "hero" of the day(s).:wave:

Handbrake.fr is the best place to go.

There are settings in place for Apple TV/iTunes that are easy to use.

Go to 'Download'
If you're on a Mac, get the 32-bit GUI; On a PC, get the XP/Vista/7 GUI

Once you've installed, put the DVD in
Click Source at the top to find your disc, allow it to scan
Once that's all set, go to one of the presets on the side (Apple TV)

Press start and you should be good. Hope that helps.

Yep. Any of the Quicktime/Apple TV settings go the .m4v format, which'll work in iTunes just fine.

Well, that was a bust. It seemed to download just fine, but when I went to open it, the icon appeared on the dock, then quickly disappeared. It wouldn't open. Then, I'm not sure I would have been able to do anything anyway, because the dvd player starts the second I stick the dvd in.

i hate the autostart feature when you pop in a dvd...when i'm trying to use handbrake. every other time i'm glad it does that. :lol:

all you need to do though is just quit the dvd player. even force quitting it is fine. i force quit a lot of programs when i get impatient. :shifty:

yeah, i read that. that's weird, i've got no problems with handbrake on either of my computer, but i have had that problem once with something else. i forget its name, but it was some zip/rar extraction program. i hate when programs do that. :down:

and yes!

I'm sorry, I forgot that add that you also need to download VLC player to be able to scan discs:

videolan.org

Old, old thread I know but I was curios as I don't see an option in Handbrake for 'Audio'. I see the little boxes that say 'Video', 'Audio', and etc. So what I'm asking is will Handbrake extract audio only? Or does it just do video? I'm glad I can use it on a Mac now as I when I started this thread I was using a PC that wouldn't cooperate worth a crap. And as KhanadaRhodes mentioned about copyright protection, I'm trying to extract the audio from my U2: Elevation Boston DVD and I don't see any FBI logo or anything on it. There is the words "This copyright is owned by..." in a circle around the disc. I'll try and see if it works now. Handbrake kept "unexpectedly" quitting last night so I haven't been able to get a run at it. Why must I not be so good at these sort of things?:|

i'm not sure if there's an audio option or not. personally, i rip the video then use quicktime pro to get the audio (kind of a pain but usually the stuff i want the audio of i also want the video of).

Not that it's all that relevant to the ripping issues, but if you bought the DVD, you have every right to make copies of it for yourself. It's balls that they make it so difficult :(

Back
Top Bottom