Extracting a DVD to iTunes? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 01:44 AM
Old, old thread I know but I was curios as I don't see an option in Handbrake for 'Audio'. I see the little boxes that say 'Video', 'Audio', and etc. So what I'm asking is will Handbrake extract audio only? Or does it just do video? I'm glad I can use it on a Mac now as I when I started this thread I was using a PC that wouldn't cooperate worth a crap. And as KhanadaRhodes mentioned about copyright protection, I'm trying to extract the audio from my U2: Elevation Boston DVD and I don't see any FBI logo or anything on it. There is the words "This copyright is owned by..." in a circle around the disc. I'll try and see if it works now. Handbrake kept "unexpectedly" quitting last night so I haven't been able to get a run at it. Why must I not be so good at these sort of things?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:00 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 01:44 AM
And for a mac which VLC do I get?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #18
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:44 PM
i'm not sure if there's an audio option or not. personally, i rip the video then use quicktime pro to get the audio (kind of a pain but usually the stuff i want the audio of i also want the video of).
Old 01-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:44 AM
Not that it's all that relevant to the ripping issues, but if you bought the DVD, you have every right to make copies of it for yourself. It's balls that they make it so difficult