Excel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
If anyone is pretty good with Excel and will be around tmw (friday am EST) and wouldn't mind me picking your brain, can you PM me or leave me a msg here. One of my Q's is : Can I assign a numeric value to a letter? Basically I want to do an Info chart that I fill in with Y's or N's and then be able to convert those columns to a bar chart with the Y's & N's having a numeric value (expressed as a %) I assume this is pretty basic but I have just worked with numbers in Excel before and am not sure how I would do this. Wading through Help didn't enlighten me...:huh:

^ That helps a bit in that It's possible, but where do I enter the code, if I want the value of Y & N to be the same in all the cells? Help shows the same thing you've said but not where to enter it - If I try entering it in the cell then it just shows up..

Thanks ntalwar.

I ended up using a different spreadsheet altogether, but out of curiosity, how would you reassign the value for Y or N as I see they are preassigned by my comp ( also, I want the value to remain hidden, and just be used in a formula that would show up in another spreadsheet which would be used to generate the graphs). Won't be using it now, but feel free to answer peeps as I may need it in future!

For more complex stuff you'll probably need to write a VBA macro in the spreadsheet. You should be able to find code samples online for this. Loops and variables will probably be required.

Back
Top Bottom