Everything is more complicated for Mac users - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:08 PM
Day 1 with the new phone - so far, not so good. There are a lot of reeeeeally annoying things that I don't like about this phone, mainly in the UI and placement of buttons that causes them to be pressed unintentionally, and I am not at all a fan of the keyboard. There are lots of things that take extra steps that the iPhone doesn't require you to do, such as from the lock screen I can pause or skip to the next song, but for some stupid reason there's no "back" button. The stock internet browser is slow as hell and the Chrome browser built in is essentially useless because the only buttons on the entire thing are "Home" and an address bar, and the back button is at the bottom built into the phone itself, but since it doesn't light up until you actually press it I end up finding myself mashing the bezel of my phone until I inevitably end up pressing it 3 times - since there's no Forward button anywhere, I have to hope I know the address or it's gone. On the plus side, the screen is gorgeous, and it runs really fast.

I'm holding on to my iPhone for a few weeks to determine whether it's stuff I just need to get used to or stuff that is going to infuriate me forever, and I'm selling one or the other depending on how I feel about the Galaxy S6 Edge.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #47
Ghost of Love

Just give me the phone already

Sent from my ass crack

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:06 PM   #48
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:08 PM
You'll get used to it, might take some time. Other way around would require time as well.

The good thing about Android is that you can customise a lot. If you want a different internet browser, get a different one. Just find them in the app store. The lock screen options should be adjustable as well somewhere in the settings.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:11 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:08 PM
I actually just switched back from iPhone to the S6 Edge (yeah I do this shit all the time, lol). Overall my experience has been positive. Sure, I do still love the simplicity of the iPhone. Fact is, owning many Android and iPhones, the iPhone simply is easier to use and normally requires less clicks for where you want to go.

With that said, the screen on the S6 is unbelievable. It's ridiculous how great the screen is. Can't say enough about it. The UI on Touchwiz (Samsung's Android skin) is much better and simpler than the S4 was and I'm glad that they made these improvements. The only complaint I'd have is battery life. On the flip side, the phone charges so fast that it hasn't really changed my life compared to what I was getting with the iPhone.

DaveC, you'll get used to Chrome. I used to struggle with it but now it's the only browser I'll use. Also, if you don't like the stock keyboard, try Swiftkey. It's great.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah now th at I've had a couple days with it I think it's mostly just stuff that I'm not used to, different ways of accomplishing things than iOS. You're right mikal, the screen on this thing is incredible

I don't have too many complaints about the battery so far, on my iPhone I would usually have to plug it in in the evening, or it would be in single digits by the time I went to bed. I've gotten about the same battery life out of the Edge so far, and considering how much bigger the screen is and how superior the hardware is to the iPhone 5s, I think it's pretty good. I always have an extra charger in my desk at work anyways so it's not a huge issue for me if I have to plug it in.

I also do like the customization options. If you don't like something about an android phone there's usually an app to change it, which is nice not to be stuck with Safari (for example) or be forced to have the bottom row icons Apple sets. I've found a few options for Chrome that fix some of the annoyances so I have to say I'm liking this thing more and more as I use it.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:53 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Yeah now th at I've had a couple days with it I think it's mostly just stuff that I'm not used to, different ways of accomplishing things than iOS. You're right mikal, the screen on this thing is incredible

I don't have too many complaints about the battery so far, on my iPhone I would usually have to plug it in in the evening, or it would be in single digits by the time I went to bed. I've gotten about the same battery life out of the Edge so far, and considering how much bigger the screen is and how superior the hardware is to the iPhone 5s, I think it's pretty good. I always have an extra charger in my desk at work anyways so it's not a huge issue for me if I have to plug it in.

I also do like the customization options. If you don't like something about an android phone there's usually an app to change it, which is nice not to be stuck with Safari (for example) or be forced to have the bottom row icons Apple sets. I've found a few options for Chrome that fix some of the annoyances so I have to say I'm liking this thing more and more as I use it.
Have you tried out the built in themes yet? I'm rocking a Daft Punk one at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G925V using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 06-19-2015, 01:48 PM   #52
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Oh and if you don't like the keyboard style, you should be able to get another one easily as well.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote