Everything is more complicated for Mac users - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself

Old 05-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:52 AM
The Apple exodus continues - I just found out this morning that I won a Samsung Galaxy S6 (for watching a hockey game through the NHL's GameCentre online service) and a $200 gift card for the Shopping Channel. I'll be replacing my old iPhone 5, and it'll go nicely with the Samsung Galaxy A tablet that I'm getting for free for switching banks a couple weeks ago

Old 05-29-2015, 01:33 PM   #32
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 01:52 PM
That's pretty neat! Welcome to Android as well. You'll be surprised how much you can customise.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:52 AM
The S6 is a nice phone. I tried it out and had fun with it for a week. I ended up returning it though because I just generally enjoy iOS more and the battery life was horrid on the S6, though maybe they've fixed it with software updates already.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:05 PM   #34
Galeonbroad

I have an Xperia so battery life isn't an issue anymore. 2 days minimum with heavy use.

Fun fact of the day: The battery capacity is actually bigger for the Galaxy S6 than the Iphone 6.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 05-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Lol I just did the opposite and bought my first Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I miss mine like hell. My U2 fandom was born on a little antique baby one, and it was so fun and handy.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
I have an Xperia so battery life isn't an issue anymore. 2 days minimum with heavy use.

Fun fact of the day: The battery capacity is actually bigger for the Galaxy S6 than the Iphone 6.
Battery capacity is only half the battle though (I actually have an iPhone 6 Plus). iOS does a really nice job handling energy. Even when I had the iPhone 5s, it had better battery than phones like the Galaxy S4 and Nexus 5 (which all came out the same year) but the iPhone 5s battery was technically smaller.

PS. I heard the XPeria does have crazy awesome battery though.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevey View Post
I miss mine like hell. My U2 fandom was born on a little antique baby one, and it was so fun and handy.
Yeah, I'm regretting a little bit that I didn't get the newer 12" MacBook Air and went with the 11" but it's still a fantastic little device!
Old 05-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

I have a windows phone Nokia Lumia.

But I'm actually really happy with it. I've had Android for years, then moved over to IOS/Apple, and now the new Nokia Lumia, and I love it.

Only minor issue right now would be that there's no app for Meerkat or Periscope.
Which is a shame, because i would love to stream for interference.
The recording quality (both audio and video) is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the iphones around..

Not a single day has gone by that I thought about going back to IOS.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #39
Galeonbroad

Samsung has a shit load of bloatware with their products, just like HTC. It's really useful to kill a lot of those apps, and those you cannot deinstall you can deactivate most of the time. That saves a lot of battery usage. You just gotta know what to kill.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:51 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

I'm interested to try it out for sure. In 2010 I had the very first Samsung Galaxy S, and it was decent, but back then still light years behind the iPhone and sort of looked at as a "second-rate" phone. Now that the gap has lessened I've heard that Samsungs are nice (once you get rid of the pre-installed crap). Battery life doesn't matter too much to me, I plug my phone in every night when I go to bed, and I keep an extra charger at work in case it gets low. I usually think ahead to bring one in case I'm going somewhere I might need it, too.

I won it through Rogers (Canadian telecom provider), I'm just hoping that it isn't locked or have "Rogers" etched into it or something. I have service through their competitor and I like my provider so I don't want to have to spend the money to unlock it.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:39 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
The Apple exodus continues - I just found out this morning that I won a Samsung Galaxy S6 (for watching a hockey game through the NHL's GameCentre online service) and a $200 gift card for the Shopping Channel. I'll be replacing my old iPhone 5, and it'll go nicely with the Samsung Galaxy A tablet that I'm getting for free for switching banks a couple weeks ago
Only fucking Rogers could possibly send me a free smartphone and still manage to piss me off so much I want to cancel every service I have with them.

The phone is locked - they'll unlock it, but only for a $50 fee, and only if it's been activated on the Rogers network for 90 days. Well how the hell am I supposed to have it activated for 90 days? Oh, I can't without signing up for a Rogers plan. Since I'm still under contract with Telus, my options are to pay some shady kiosk at the mall $80 and wait like a week, or pay out the remaining $160 or so on my Telus contract and sign up for Rogers, where I'll be paying considerably more for worse service and coverage.

Is that even legal, to give someone a "prize" and then require them to pay you for service to get any value out of it at all?

And on top of all that, the screen is damaged and a portion of it won't work at all. I don't even know if they'll exchange it for me since it was a "prize", and at this point I doubt they will based on my experience so far.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #42
Galeonbroad

Man 80$ for shady unlock service?
Here we have plenty of semi legal places where you can have it unlocked for about 10 euros!!! Or you can do it yourself, just make sure you follow the instructions very, very carefully.

It's sadly legal yes, if it is in their terms and conditions. It is reasonable that when you win a free phone with a phone company, to expect them to sign you up.

The screen screwed up is bad though, do you have any sort of warranty on it or did they screw you out of that because it was a prize? If that's the case, I'd put the phone up for sale, specify that it's locked on Rogers so someone with a rogers plan can buy it off you.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Well thankfully the lady at the promotions department was a lot more helpful than their customer service department. I am going to ship the phone back to them and then wait for them to send me another new one, hopefully it doesn't take weeks although I'm expecting it to be a while.

Sucks - it's a really, really nice phone actually (it's the S6 Edge).
Old 06-11-2015, 03:25 AM   #44
Galeonbroad

Nice that they're replacing it.

THere's quite a lot of bootloaders available already. I usually use XDA for this stuff. Make absolutely sure you get the right one for your phone, and it'll all go smoothly.
CF-Auto-Root | Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge | XDA Forums
Old 06-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #45
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Only fucking Rogers could possibly send me a free smartphone and still manage to piss me off so much I want to cancel every service I have with them.

The phone is locked - they'll unlock it, but only for a $50 fee, and only if it's been activated on the Rogers network for 90 days. Well how the hell am I supposed to have it activated for 90 days? Oh, I can't without signing up for a Rogers plan. Since I'm still under contract with Telus, my options are to pay some shady kiosk at the mall $80 and wait like a week, or pay out the remaining $160 or so on my Telus contract and sign up for Rogers, where I'll be paying considerably more for worse service and coverage.

Is that even legal, to give someone a "prize" and then require them to pay you for service to get any value out of it at all?

And on top of all that, the screen is damaged and a portion of it won't work at all. I don't even know if they'll exchange it for me since it was a "prize", and at this point I doubt they will based on my experience so far.

Get it unlocked by unlockguy.ca. I've used him several times, been to his house in sauga personally. He's legit.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote