even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inst that like the icloud thing? I cant get the icloud to work right now.

If your phone is working fine, why do it anytime soon,

I'd wait a week or two or even longer, let others be the guinea pigs.

Because I still have a 3GS and I want to make myself feel better about my decision to wait for the 5 to be released before I upgrade. :sad: :sad:

ETA: tried updating a minute ago and the download clock got up to 80 hours before I canceled. :angry:

i went ahead and upgraded last night. took a little longer than it should have because i also had to update itunes, safari and whatever else there was.

if the messaging app didn't color code the imessages, i'd never know the difference. i didn't notice it was any faster.

and the interference mobile site doesn't like ios5 :lol:
kicks me out every time i try to enter a thread.

Because I still have a 3GS and I want to make myself feel better about my decision to wait for the 5 to be released before I upgrade. :sad: :sad:

ETA: tried updating a minute ago and the download clock got up to 80 hours before I canceled. :angry:

:crack: . . . be interested to hear how you get on and what, if any, impact the upgrade has on the performance of the 3GS (bit concerned that it may suck up battery life even more than the last software upgrade appears to have done) . . . good luck!

Every time I try to understand what iCloud is, I get a throbbing headache
:lol: . . . I hear ya and have yet to fully investigate (lazy is my middle name) but I believe it is just basically somewhere to store all of your documents, apps, music (?) and be able to access from all of your apple devices . . . um, I think :shifty:

Fucking apple assholes. They were all on the fucking cloud, which I don't want. Now I have to reinstall them, and then put them back in their folders. How fucking convenient.

I'm sorry :( but god your post made me giggle :lol: :hug: hope you find all your bits and pieces without too much dicking around!

nobody should buy a 4S

next summer will be here soon enough

hold out for the 5, you will be glad you did

Apple's iPhone 5 Expected In Summer 2012 | Secaucus New Jersey News

Woot!

In dicking around news, I did get ios 5 up and running. Battery life is poor. Maybe a little worse than before. :angry:

The cloud is useless to me if I can't store my pictures on it. When I change carriers next summer (leaving AT&T for Verizon) I want some of my pictures on my phone to be backed up somewhere.

I cant even get the cloud to work nor do I really care. Didn't have it before so I won't miss it.

Martha I always make sure to transfer purchases and back up before I update. I lost all my ringtones and music because my computer died a couple weeks ago do I had to sync at work.

the update on my macbook pro
wants me to update iTunes to 10.5

What's new in iTunes 10.5

iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.

no thanks, my iTunes and iPhone are working just fine. I don't want that iCloud crap, at all!

I don't have a problem with clouds
I have plenty of documents in my gmail that I can pull down from anywhere on the planet

I just don't want any of my stuff in Apple's iCloud, that they own and can charge me fees to access.

I want stuff on my iPhone, iPod that I do not have to have a wifi or 4g connection to, plus iTunes to listen to.

Martha I always make sure to transfer purchases and back up before I update. I lost all my ringtones and music because my computer died a couple weeks ago do I had to sync at work.

I found my ringtone on my iTunes on my computer. My computer backed up my phone and then restored the damn thing before it installed iOS5. Then I had to go through it and reinstall several of the apps. It seems pretty random as to which apps it was.

Cloud stuff is okay as long as you have a good internet connection.
My home connection went down for 4 hours on Thursday, so fuck cloud stuff.

Dropbox is the shit. I don't keep any real stuff on my laptop - it all just syncs from my desktop at home.

I have Cloud but not Apples iCloud. Being a photographer I had a couble of External drives and I use Backblaze to backup all my songs and photos for 5 bucks a month and it includes unlimited storage.

Canadiens1131 said:
Dropbox is the shit. I don't keep any real stuff on my laptop - it all just syncs from my desktop at home.

Dropbox has become indispensable indeed. Makes sharing between home, work and mobile devices seamless. I just wish there was an easy way to attach Dropbox files to iPhone emails.

no more monkey meat

ht_iphone_cheat_tk_111017_wg.jpg

4s great for stalking or catching cheaters

Man Claims Apple iPhone 4S Helped Catch His Wife Cheating | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom