even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm kinda contemplating buying an ipad 2 for my mom as a surprise, though ugh, why do they have to be so expensive? but still, she totally deserves 100 of them. though what on earth she'd do with 100 ipads i don't know.

^ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddd? Verdict?

Sorry for the slow response, I was too busy playing with the iPad. :wink:

Pretty awesome so far, no buyer's remorse here. I haven't had an iPhone or touch version of an iPod, so I've spent most of my time messing with the App store and various other apps. So much cool stuff. Going to be all over JT's app thread, though I noticed I'd already downloaded a number on the list.

I went with a black Wi-fi only 64 gig model. Probably didn't need one this big, but I'd prefer to err on the "don't need all this space" side of things than the "I don't have enough space" side.

Welcome to ZooTV y'all!

Recreate the ZooTV stage in the backyard?

(I'll supply the scaffolding if you do it :wink: )
:lol: that'd be awesome!

i'd just had visions of her handing them out to people. then i imagined her handing them out like it was some form of charity. "hello my child, you look hungry. here, have an ipad."

Sorry for the slow response, I was too busy playing with the iPad. :wink:

Pretty awesome so far, no buyer's remorse here. I haven't had an iPhone or touch version of an iPod, so I've spent most of my time messing with the App store and various other apps. So much cool stuff. Going to be all over JT's app thread, though I noticed I'd already downloaded a number on the list.

I went with a black Wi-fi only 64 gig model. Probably didn't need one this big, but I'd prefer to err on the "don't need all this space" side of things than the "I don't have enough space" side.

:lol: glad to hear you are a happy customer :) . . . and I absolutely agree with you on the space issue . . . i have a 16gig iPhone 3 and seriously wish I had stumped up for the bigger one as it's with me constantly :nerd: . . .appreciate your feedback :up:

Welcome to ZooTV y'all!

Recreate the ZooTV stage in the backyard?

(I'll supply the scaffolding if you do it :wink: )

:love: i just did a little happydance at the very thought of that :drool:

:lol: that'd be awesome!

i'd just had visions of her handing them out to people. then i imagined her handing them out like it was some form of charity. "hello my child, you look hungry. here, have an ipad."

:cute:

My uncle has pretty much sold me on an iMac. he's got the big 27 inch one, and I'm in love.

I'm currently looking into apple financing (even though I've always told myself "never finance technology") Has anyone purchased any apple stuff though the financing option? I guess the idea is that I'd pay a certain amount and then borrow the rest, or do they require you to loan the total amount?

My uncle has pretty much sold me on an iMac. he's got the big 27 inch one, and I'm in love.

I'm currently looking into apple financing (even though I've always told myself "never finance technology") Has anyone purchased any apple stuff though the financing option? I guess the idea is that I'd pay a certain amount and then borrow the rest, or do they require you to loan the total amount?

I financed through MacMall once, the full price. It was really easy and the payments were quite reasonable. I paid it off early with no penalty.
That's all I've got.

Three of us iPad-less losers were sitting around last night drooling over them.
If Quickbooks makes an iPad app, then I can justify one.

^ it is rid-i-c-u-lous :drool: and the quality of the graphics is beyond pretty :love:

I'm not sure of the ins'n'outs (yeah, I said it :p ) of apple financing; just make sure you read the fine print on any of those payment plans ~ with some of them, the credit company remains the owner of the property even after all payments have been made; crazy but true!

/of mother moment

good luck (and I shall expect much gushing and apple induced drooling round these parts when you do get your hands on it :lol: ) :up:

I'm not sure of the ins'n'outs (yeah, I said it :p ) of apple financing; just make sure you read the fine print on any of those payment plans ~ with some of them, the credit company remains the owner of the property even after all payments have been made; crazy but true!

I'm pretty certain mine was the deal where no interest was due if paid-off within a year. Hence, I paid it off after like 11 months.

(I don't think the interest was horrible anyway.)

So I need antivirus software on my MBP. Does anyone use it on their Mac and can recommend something? I have no idea what's good. I'm looking at BitDefender, Sophos, ClamXav, maybe McAfee. :shrug:
i have something called virusbarrier x5 on my computer. whether or not it's any good, i don't know. i got it for free when i downloaded something else and did a search on google to make sure it wasn't spyware or anything, so yeah.

How on earth am I supposed to use the Apple mouse? It's a featureless white slab and my hand is cramping up trying to hold it like my old wireless Logitech. Like.....the palm of the hand rests on the surface, while my fingers are layed flat? Or do I pinch the sides with my thumb and fourth finger to make an arc with my pointer/middle finger? that second method doesn't feel too comfortable.

I don't know how many times I've accidentally switched back to another page with that damn mouse in the last few months. Had no problems with it in the last year until lately, not sure if it's somehow become more sensitive to the gesture based crap lately, or what. Really frustrating if you've written a long post or been filling out a form online.

that mouse is a big reason why i don't know what i'll do when my laptop dies. my macbook has one of the old school touchpads with a separate button for clicking. ian's got one with the newer one which i assume is what inspired the new mouse. i hate using his laptop because i always accidentally click stuff when i don't mean to.

i don't hate change or anything but it's just not for me. i can't seem to get along with it.

that mouse is a big reason why i don't know what i'll do when my laptop dies. my macbook has one of the old school touchpads with a separate button for clicking. ian's got one with the newer one which i assume is what inspired the new mouse. i hate using his laptop because i always accidentally click stuff when i don't mean to.

i don't hate change or anything but it's just not for me. i can't seem to get along with it.

There are external, two-button pads aren't there?

I may check into this. (Although I DON'T need another damn thing to plug into the USB ports.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom