even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unless you're using wifi it'll cost you. it's only provided because steve jobs has sand in his vag about flash, and can't/won't make youtube work within safari on the iphone, so an app was made to browse youtube.

ohh :(

the battery isn't proving to be quite as good as i expected... i'm charging it every second night (it's very close to dead by about 10pm or so) and i'm not one of these people who use it as though it's a hand extension. not that i mind charging it at all, jus' sayin'

Mine only lasts a day but I use it quite a bit throughout the day.

And you'd think we would have gotten flash with the new iphone. It cant be that hard to incorporate. :huh:

. . . because he didn't think of it first :hmm: . . . I'm a huge Jobs fan, but sometimes his lack of grace about things outside the apple bubble irritates the crap out of me :)

< question . . . what facebook photo uploader app do you lovely apple boffins use? the one I have (camera plus? ) doesn't seem to load it directly to the site ~ or mayhaps I am just doing it wrong? :help:

Flash on desktop and mobile devices was and still is, to an extent, a big pile of shit. It's owned by Adobe, and they basically stopped developing it or trying to improve its performance. One only needs to look at other Adobe software (ahem, Acrobat Reader) to see how well they do at developing bloat-free, fast software (not well at all).

Ironically, since the Jobs rant about it, they have gotten their asses into gear and improved it. I think it was left off the iOS platform for battery concerns, which is the same reason it took so long to get multitasking, and even now it's "faux" multitasking at that.

Google thinks you need a task manager for your cell phone, Apple thinks it should just work, but be more simplistic. Two different philosophies, though the latter is why you and your Mum and your Grandmum use Apple products.

:shifty: I can never find the damn thing when I'm on fb on my phone :der: . . . but thanks :) ~ I'll have a better look now

Just open the fb app, then you can go to your photo albums and choose the album you want to upload to, and then click the little camera icon to upload. So easy!

it's ok pr, same thing happened to me when i first started on fb for iphone :reject:

My 2yr old 2G iphone battery lasts longer then the iPhone 4

Yeah.. Jim's got the original iphone and his battery lasts for 2 days on standby with minimal usage.. I have to definitely charge mine every night. :crack:

I think because the iphone4 is just running so much harder (software, hardware, apps that run in the background etc. ) it sucks up the battery way faster.

Mine was on charge over night until 11 this morning, it's almost 5 now and I have less then 20%.

I looked online and one blog said he took into a apple store to be tested and he got a replacement for free.

How much are you using it? Playing games? Or streaming? Do you have a lot of items in the multi tasking section? Do you have push notifications on? Screen brightness too bright? Wifi on? I was doing some research and reading about all the things that can slow the battery life.

it's ok pr, same thing happened to me when i first started on fb for iphone :reject:

that actually makes me feel better . . . thanks :) . . . going to play tonight (so no doubt my fb will be littered with crap :lol: :der: )

the weekend without my macbook?? my social life!!

:crack: . . . don't have a macbook (yet :evil: ) but the idea of being computerless for a weekend makes me a little :panic: . . . sadm but true.

Yeah.. Jim's got the original iphone and his battery lasts for 2 days on standby with minimal usage.. I have to definitely charge mine every night. :crack:

I think because the iphone4 is just running so much harder (software, hardware, apps that run in the background etc. ) it sucks up the battery way faster.

I get that, but it does irk me . . .you would think they could find a way to improve the life of the battery given that they know, as creators of those magnificent little machines, that they are hungry little beasts :lol: . . . mine (I'm old school with a 3Gs) definitely has to be charged daily ~ and if the the gremlins get anywhere near it, it can be twice daily :crack:

i got my 3rd bill today.

$64 after i changed my texting plan from unlimited ($20) to 200/month ($5). i'm not getting as many sexts as i had hoped :reject:

$10 of that $64 was from me going over my 2GB data limit.

if i don't go over next month, i'm looking at $54. i'm happy with that.

i got my 3rd bill today.

$64 after i changed my texting plan from unlimited ($20) to 200/month ($5). i'm not getting as many sexts as i had hoped :reject:

$10 of that $64 was from me going over my 2GB data limit.

if i don't go over next month, i'm looking at $54. i'm happy with that.

:eyebrow: 'sexts' . . . :ohmy:

:lol:

you get 2GB of data - WOW!

< needs to revise plan pronto . . . I pay $89 a month, 300GB of data but unlimited calls and Texts . . .and we don't have a house phone so mine is used for everything

i wish i could trade my rollover minutes for data cause i hardly use my phone.

i'm on a 450/anytime minutes plan and after 2 months i have 848 rollover minutes

i'd rather have the data so i can stream audio without going over.

there are only a few people who text me. i barely hit 140 sent/received texts in my latest billing cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom