even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for opinions from anyone here who's switched from Blackberry to iPhone. My BB is driving me nuts lately and I'm considering replacing it either with a newer model or taking the leap over to the other side. Any thoughts??

three questions regarding my iphone4:

2) i just figured out how to use songs as ringtones, but how do/can you use songs as message tones?

3) does using apps cost money? like the facebook app, will that add to my bill?

when you held your phone to your left ear, the call would drop out, was that the problem they were having? it hasn't happened to me yet.

I only have the 3G but I dont think you can use songs as message tones. If someone knows how, please share.

The FB app is free. A lot of apps are free, and the ones that aren't usually are just like .99 or so and it will add it to your monthly bill. When you search for apps via the app store on your phone it will tell you whether they're free or not before you install it.

And yes loss of reception and dropped calls was the problem if you hold the phone a certain way, but if you have a bumper / case supposedly that solves the problem.

I'm looking for opinions from anyone here who's switched from Blackberry to iPhone. My BB is driving me nuts lately and I'm considering replacing it either with a newer model or taking the leap over to the other side. Any thoughts??

iphone ftw.

Evo FTW. I own the Evo and it is pure Awesomeness. I know this is an Apple thread so I wont cause any trouble. So Any decision Kafrun makes is fine by me.

(but seriously check out android phones too)

there's always facetime aka sexytime

chelsea said i could have a freebie list :reject:

my iphone hasn't been on charge for the last two nights... and it's still going strong this morning i like this battery.

:shocked: . . . are you actually using it, or just staring at its' shiny prettiness :wink: :lol: . . . mine is lucky to last a day . . . mind you my kids have a stack of games on it (Plants V Zombies and that Talking Tom thing are quite the hit), I play all my music through it, it is the main phone in the house at the moment so it does get quite the workout, but still . . . 2 days without charging :up:

I'm all excited for the announcement tomorrow! I can't wait to see the update for the iPod Touch. :hyper:
:shifty: . . . I gotta get me one of these babies . . . getting a little annoyed with people who dare to call me when my favourite song is playing on mah iPhone . . . the hide :tsk: :)

I am definitely looking forward to the new iPod Touch incorporating most of the iphone 4's functionality and design.

That said, I still haven't bought intto getting an actual smartphone, since the thing I need to make calls is still essential in my books, and the thing that plays music, takes photos/videos, and plays games is not essential. I don't like not making calls because I played too much Angry Birds.

wow that is impressive! My blackberry is draining within 3 hrs. Shitty OS upgrade is now draining the battery faster than normal. I really need a different phone.

:shocked: . . . are you actually using it, or just staring at its' shiny prettiness :wink: :lol: . . . mine is lucky to last a day . . . mind you my kids have a stack of games on it (Plants V Zombies and that Talking Tom thing are quite the hit), I play all my music through it, it is the main phone in the house at the moment so it does get quite the workout, but still . . . 2 days without charging :up:

yeah it died last night. i use my ipod classic primarily for music, as i have more music than will fit on the iphone. if it gets to a stage where i have to charge it overnight every night but will comfortably last the entire next day (and up to the early hours of Sunday morning) i'll be happy.

I am definitely looking forward to the new iPod Touch incorporating most of the iphone 4's functionality and design.

That said, I still haven't bought intto getting an actual smartphone, since the thing I need to make calls is still essential in my books, and the thing that plays music, takes photos/videos, and plays games is not essential. I don't like not making calls because I played too much Angry Birds.

what an original thought :lol:

probably not cool to admit, but i'm more interested in what jobs says tomorrow than whatever the president said tonight (which i missed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom