Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #736
has a

Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Only a mouth breather would use Safari
I use Safari exclusively for Facebook, and I don't do any other searches or browsing with Safari so FB doesn't get any extra info from me.

So, yes it's true, when I'm mouth breathing, I'm using Safari.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #737
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

that'll be a huge bummer if the classic is discontinued. that was what made me get into apple in the first place. i bought my first ipod in 2002 and thought hey, maybe apple products aren't so bad after all. i sure as hell don't want an iphone, plus even the biggest one isn't as big as the classic. i like to have a lot of choice at my fingertips, i never know what song i'll want to listen to and with my music collection being in the states, i can't just listen to my music that way, so it's ipod or bust. if this is true, i don't have the money to buy an extra one just in case, so i'll wait and see what happens before freaking out. i don't like this rumour, though.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #738
She's the One

Local Time: 02:54 PM
I take my ancient Nano to the gym because I don't need sweat all over my expensive iPod and iPhone. I was hoping to get a Shuffle when my Nano dies, just to use at the gym. I refuse to listen to Heart at 5:30 in the fucking morning. Or anytime, really.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #739
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
that'll be a huge bummer if the classic is discontinued. that was what made me get into apple in the first place. i bought my first ipod in 2002 and thought hey, maybe apple products aren't so bad after all. i sure as hell don't want an iphone, plus even the biggest one isn't as big as the classic. i like to have a lot of choice at my fingertips, i never know what song i'll want to listen to and with my music collection being in the states, i can't just listen to my music that way, so it's ipod or bust. if this is true, i don't have the money to buy an extra one just in case, so i'll wait and see what happens before freaking out. i don't like this rumour, though.
I keep all of my music in Lossless format (AIFF mostly, some WAV), so a Classic is essential. I can't fit everything on there, but it's nice to have a mostly greatest hits iPod with good quality.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #740
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:54 PM
I don't really see the need to carry around 120 GB of music in your pocket. If your library is lossless then just tick the box to have iTunes down-convert to a lossy format when syncing with an iPod Touch or iPhone.

I have a few current albums on my iPod Touch, but beyond that I just keep the music library at home and can stream it if I really need to or am going on vacation.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #741
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i wish i were still able to do that, i miss being able to stream from my imac onto my macbook. i guess if i really had to, i could bring my external hard drive where all my music is with me here (and make a copy of my itunes library so i don't have to make playlists all over again), but i don't see good things happening with having one connected to a laptop when my desk is my bed. i'm sure i'll find a way to get my imac moved over here just in time for me to move back to the states.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #742
ONE
love, blood, life

iPhone 5 this week people, .

Good, even though I had positive experiences with Android, I'm so pumped for iCloud syncing since I use Mac computers and an iPad. Good thing I get upgrades from AT&T every 12 months.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #743
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I love the Android OS a lot, but my phone has a hard time handling the memory. I'm torn between upgrading to an iPhone after it comes to Sprint or going for an EVO.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #744
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
I love the Android OS a lot, but my phone has a hard time handling the memory. I'm torn between upgrading to an iPhone after it comes to Sprint or going for an EVO.
Android OS is great, but cellphone carriers enjoy taking a giant shit on it and try to slap all this ugly, brand-specific stuff on top of it.

It's why Myspace pages were always ugly as hell and why Facebook has such a unified look. You can't push out a product and then let individual companies/people customize it enough to ruin it.

Apple's iOS is so successful because they ship a product and an experience that is standardized.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #745
45:33

Local Time: 09:54 AM
The battery on my mbp sucks.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #746
Blue Crack Addict

you can get a 50 foot extension cord at any of the home improvement stores
Old 10-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #747
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
The battery on my mbp sucks.
Mine's weird, might have to calibrate it, because the other day I unplugged it for about 10 seconds while I fed the cable to the back of the shelf, it took 15 mins to charge back up what was lost
Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #748
ONE
love, blood, life

The biggest advantage iOS has over Android is the fact that all devices get upgrades simultaneously, so many Android handsets have gotten left behind even after being only one version old. Sure this comes down to the carriers' customizations and most customers' inability to flash their own open source updates, but also there's not enough standardization of hardware to insure compatibility. The now ancient iPhone 3GS is even going to get iOS 5 this month.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #749
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 08:54 AM
http://thisismynext.com/

Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #750
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Apple's stock fell $10.08, or 2.7 percent, to $364.52 in afternoon trading Tuesday.
no iPhone 5

it's a 4S?

and still only 3.5 inches
(size matters, don't believe your wife)

Tags
apple, imac, iphone, ipod, macbook, macs