even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 4 and so far the update has been a mistake. I hate their maps, you lose YouTube(you can download the YouTube app but it doesn't act the same), and you don't get the panoramic with the 4. So, I haven't really seen any reason for 4 users to update. I told my wife to wait until we are elgible for the upgrade to the iPhone 5.

Thanks for this. I like my 4 just the way it is. I'll wait for them to get their map shit together.

i guess this is the best place to ask a question, right? i hate to ask a question that seems to be best answered by linking to lmgtfy, but i've tried searching. i'm still rocking a first gen ipad and as such i'm still on ios 5.1 or 5.1.1 (but that's splitting hairs and i can't remember which it is). i've tried findng out the question t something that has bugged me for the nearly two years i've owned my ipad. when you go to open a tab in safari, it stupidly takes you to the search bar. i know the default in ios 6 is now to go to the address bar, but the ipad 1 didn't get the upgrade. is there some setting to change this or am i just screwed until i can afford an upgrade? it's the only thing i hate about my ipad and given i only use it for note-aking at school, i actually use safari more than you'd think (looking up translations, using fancy ipa letters for my notes).

all my searches, despite putting ios 5 in quotes, were all for ios 6. thanks, google.

I forgot to say but the other week I found out that Mac computers have a DVD player that you can switch to different regions. I can't do that with the DVD player. Isn't that cool?

You only get limited changes though, and then it is stuck on the last one.

Word of warning - it said I had one left, but wouldn't let me change it, so my Region 4 DVD player is now stuck on region 1

Yes. A phone, an ipad, a couple PCs and a partridge. Never got the pear tree, though.

My MacBook is dying. It started making those mosquito noises more and more often, and today the screen has started flickering. It flashes between the startup screen and a black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom