even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can upgrade to the iPhone 4 with Orange for £29 and keep my same plan, but I have to pay extra a month for internet and wifi :huh:

"Verizon Wireless is due to start selling Apple Inc's iPhone next year, bringing an end to AT&T Inc's role as the exclusive service provider for the blockbuster device, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday."

:up:

Well, I ate my own words and went out and bought one after trying it last night. I love it. FaceTime is such a cool experience and the retina display is incredible.

Did you get it because the upgrade screwed up your 3G?

Partly. After the upgrade, my battery started lasting only about 4 hours (of usage) and the phone performance was ridiculously slow. I couldn't downgrade back to 3.1.2; it was time to upgrade.

The other reason is that upgrading to another iPhone was the only way I could get a new phone and keep my unlimited data plan. I use well over 2GB of data per month since I listen to online radio all day at work. If I upgraded to an Android phone, I would not be able to keep my unlimited data plan.

wow, that's insane. i know nothing about cell phone technology, granted, but it seems to me to be rather stupid engineering to put the antenna in the lower half of the phone. seeing as it's likely to be covered up by someone's hand while using it and all. :der:

iPhone 4 Vs HTC Evo�Video

i need an iphone 4
the iphone 4

:lol: I dont care. I dont care. I dont care.

Partly. After the upgrade, my battery started lasting only about 4 hours (of usage) and the phone performance was ridiculously slow. I couldn't downgrade back to 3.1.2; it was time to upgrade.

The other reason is that upgrading to another iPhone was the only way I could get a new phone and keep my unlimited data plan. I use well over 2GB of data per month since I listen to online radio all day at work. If I upgraded to an Android phone, I would not be able to keep my unlimited data plan.

Well that sucks. Though there is a link out there with instructions on how to downgrade back to the old software.

don't believe

wishful hype
no reason for it to happen

"i don't care, i don't care, i don't care" < fact, not fiction

i put the new software on my ipod touch last night.

it was already about 70% charged when i left it plugged into my laptop to charge while i slept. at some point my laptop got unplugged and stopped charging the ipod. when i woke up this morning my ipod was at a critical battery level despite the fact that i hadn't touched it at all since i left it to charge.

the fuck.

"Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place," the company said in a statement to users.

Yet the statement that the bar display is "totally wrong" is surprising, since there is no standard formula in the industry for translating signal strength to bars.

The company said it will fix the formula to one recommended by AT&T Inc. through a free software update within a few weeks for the most recent iPhone models, 3G, 3GS and 4.
However, the "wrong" formula goes back as far as the original iPhone, launched in 2007.

Apple is the Toyota of tech companies??

ever wonder why ATT is so bad?

Why your iPhone calls get dropped ?

Apple `stunned' to find iPhones show too many bars - Yahoo! Finance

Is the TRUTH - that Apple are lying whores!!!

those bars, that say you got reception, were programmed by Apple to what purpose? to tell you your signal strength? or to mislead you?

Now, the perfect company that is so expert on getting everything right, the OS that won't crash, bullet proof.

Now, they want to say, "Hey, we really don't know what we are doing".

They can't have it both ways

I have terrible signal and my calls are always dropped. Here on Long Island we have one main highway and there is a very "strong signal", full bars when traveling on it. ALWAYS my calls are dropped. Its so annoying. Then we have "pockets" where the signal just disappears and the calls fail. I am so looking forward to switching to Verizon when they carry the iphone, next Jan!

back when i was with at&t (granted this was eight years ago) i got dropped calls all the time. but i know people with t-mobile elsewhere in the u.s. who have the same problem with them.

:reject:

totally forgot about that. i tried to click here at work last week but the filter blocked it as 'adult' cause it's on break.com and never went back to it at home :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom