even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple unveils faster, more powerful iPhone 4S

basically an update . . .iOS5, better camera, speedier, sexier graphics and siri, you're very own personal assistant . . . and no, size does not matter (unless we're talking gigabytes :lol: ) :wink:

and I'm signing up kramwest . . . my current plan expires sooooooooooooooooooooon so it just makes sense to upgrade to the latest phone . . . well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it :sexywink:

Damn, it's tempting. I'm getting rather sick of my Blackberry, and since I won't have to leave Sprint... :hmm:

I do hear you
I have a 2007 iPhone, my $68 a month cell phone bill is very appealing.
Being single, I can't get a price break with a family plan.

I talk, email and do about 50 texts a month. I use a lot of wifi, that is increasingly available for podcasts and public radio, etc. I do use the camera, it is not great at all, but better than no picture.

I just want a bigger screen. I have to believe the 5 will have one.
So do I jump over to an Android for 2 years? and then come back to the iPhone 5?

oh, and that they are giving away the 3GS with any 8gb models purchased . . . they have just solved the unending argument between the hublet and the oldest kidlet over who will get my old phone when I upgrade :cute:

I saw that, I may check it out and see how much my phone bill will go up for getting the 3G. I could use that for 2 years and then get a 5.

The 4 (8 gig) is only $99, I will have to analyze the screen resolution, that is most important to me. I always end up upselling myself.

I do hear you
I have a 2007 iPhone, my $68 a month cell phone bill is very appealing.
Being single, I can't get a price break with a family plan.

I talk, email and do about 50 texts a month. I use a lot of wifi, that is increasingly available for podcasts and public radio, etc. I do use the camera, it is not great at all, but better than no picture.

I just want a bigger screen. I have to believe the 5 will have one.
So do I jump over to an Android for 2 years? and then come back to the iPhone 5?

Well, I'm guessing I could get an 8GB iPhone 4S for free from Sprint since my term is up and my wife is a premium member (or some sort of bullshit).
I've sworn not to put all of my eggs in one basket, but the simplicity of having all Apple products and OSs is really tempting now.

the price is right

I know once you leave RIM you will be happy with either the Android or iPhone.
Whenever anyone switches they seem to become true-believers for their choice.

I saw that, I may check it out and see how much my phone bill will go up for getting the 3G. I could use that for 2 years and then get a 5.

The 4 (8 gig) is only $99, I will have to analyze the screen resolution, that is most important to me. I always end up upselling myself.

I have absolutely no complaints with my 3Gs at all - it's a cracker of a phone - I'd be tempted to hang out for the much speculated redesigned 5 if not for the new camera (I can't be shizzled carrying too much 'stuff' around) and the already mentioned plan renewal . . .

Well, I'm guessing I could get an 8GB iPhone 4S for free from Sprint since my term is up and my wife is a premium member (or some sort of bullshit).
I've sworn not to put all of my eggs in one basket, but the simplicity of having all Apple products and OSs is really tempting now.

and there's that . . . :)

the price is right

I know once you leave RIM you will be happy with either the Android or iPhone.
Whenever anyone switches they seem to become true-believers for their choice.

guilty as charged your honour :lol:

people are funny
a few short years ago, this was the most popular, desirable phone on the planet

00005698.jpeg

people would have shot their dog, before they would have given up their RAZR.

Wonder why they were not able to make some quicker progress on the iPhone line in 15 months since the iPhone 4. Maybe there were supply chain issues....

Looks like we are looking at an iPhone 5 in Q2 2012, alongside an iPad 3 with a Retina display. That is going to be a hell of an event. Apple stock will rebound just fine.

the more I think about this, I should just move over to Android,

iPhone came out in Jan 2007, five years later and the 4S is still only a 3.5 screen.

Why? Because Apple does not care about what people want. Apple creates products that people don't even know they want, and then people tell themselves they want, and they buy. The model works, great for Apple and the sheeple are happy.

If I want a bigger screen? Apple's solution for me is to buy an iPad.

Why would they make a 4.3 -4.5 screen? That would slow down iPad sales.

I'll be upgrading to the 4S in February when my contract is up. My screen is cracked and my home button is sometimes unresponsive so yeah I need a new phone.

I want to move to sprint. I need unlimited data. Stoopid work won't open up the wifi.

I'll be upgrading to the 4S in February when my contract is up. My screen is cracked and my home button is sometimes unresponsive so yeah I need a new phone.

I cracked or shattered my screen about 4 times. There is a watch repair shop that will fix it while I wait for $100. I always tell myself, even if I buy a new phone I still would want this 4 year old iPhone fixed, because I will use it like an iTouch / iPod.

I finally bought a hard plastic case off of Ebay for $5. It's great, I still drop my phone about once a week. But with this cheap HARD case it never breaks.

Such shitty news :( He was to our popular culture what the Beatles were to the 1960s. No matter what side of the fence you were on, he either changed the way you live your life or gave you something to bitch about. Count me in the former. I hope Apple has to parts to continue in the same way without him

No, cobl04, it's never soon enough to make light of a father's death.

Kudos to you. You're top notch.

I dunno. To you, cobbler, and me, he was more a figure than a person. None of us have ever carried on a conversation with the man or know what he was like personally. Jokes like this shouldn't be taken in the way a joke about a loved one would be. He was probably closer to an idea than an actual person in our minds. Harmless joke. You don't have to find it funny, but I wouldn't get bent out of shape

My way of thinking is different. To me, there are no "figures", we are all just people. We accomplish, we fail, we live. And yes, we die.
Death is a misfortune that all men will wrestle with, and in the end, lose.

I'm not bent out of shape. However, I feel a little tact never hurt.

An internet forum is not the place to plead for tact. I'm sad he died as well and making a joke on an internet forum doesn't make me a bad person.

Jive Turkey said:
None of us have ever carried on a conversation with the man or know what he was like personally.

I sortof agree in theory..but then what about a guy who fronts our favorite band? The vast majority of people here have never met or had a conversation with the man. But if he were to pass - and he surely will - will it be harmless to crack wise about his death?

Steve Jobs is that kind of guy to many people, and in the context of the online world, a context he helped establish, it does strike me as bad taste to make joke like that.

And no it doesnt make you a bad person. Just a person who tends to say arguably inappropriate things at times online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom