Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #301
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:44 AM
I have my individual preferences too

but, all along I see Apple very cleverly hitting price points that sound cheap
to create a stream of income that has made Apple the giant juggernaut it is.

the apps marketplace for Apple has tremendous upside potential
I think the main reason the iPad is out there is not because people wanted a slimmer more portable Internet device

But, it is because Apple told people they wanted that, why?
to have devices out there that will make people buy apps

There is no one out there asking for Apple TV.
Most people are happy with dvrs and hulu and other online sources for watching TV.

Now, Apple wants to get between you and your TV viewing for only 99 cents a view.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #302
I hate this place

Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
Dear Santa,
I know it is a little early but I would like a new 32gb iPod Touch please..

/kthxbai

and cookies and milk are by the fireplace..

xoxoxo,
Moi
Dear Amy

I don't think so

Sincerely,

Santa Claus

Old 09-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #303
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I think the main reason the iPad is out there is not because people wanted a slimmer more portable Internet device

But, it is because Apple told people they wanted
I agree with you 100% on that... and I think that fact has made apple lazy. They think that they have such a hero on what's "cool" and hip with the kids that they just throw any old piece of crap out there and expect that someone will buy it.

And they're right... for now. Eventually the sheep will figure out that they're bein that there are being had and that there are much better products out there then what apple has been forcing upon us of late
Old 09-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #304
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Apple is dead to me.

They haven't refreshed the ipod classic in a long time. I have a 120gb classic. Why the fuck would I want to go to 32 gigs at a huge price just so I can get apps?

since when are we supposed to be going backwards in the way we listen to music?
i agree. i also have the 120 gb ipod. the ipod touch has never intrigued me. when i bought my macbook i got a free one, i just sold it on ebay. sure you can browse the internet with it, but that's only if you're in wifi and maybe it's just being unlucky with where i've lived the past several years but most places are stingy with free wifi. i'm not the type to spend hours at starbucks or mcdonald's. the apps can be cool but most of what i like on there i can get on my phone. to top it all off, my boyfriend has an ipod touch so i can play with it when i want. that's about enough for me. if he didn't have one i'd never use one and i'd be fine with that.

it's basically an iphone without the phone, so why would i need to carry around two devices that have apps and internet browsing capabilities? maybe if i still had some old school dirt cheap phone without this stuff i'd feel differently, but i don't think that's who they're catering to with it. they might say they are, but they're probably just hoping to rope in some dodos who have the fucking iphone too but need something else with the apple logo on it.

don't even get me started on the ipad. the second i found out all it was was some giant ereader, i lost interest. if it had handwriting-to-text recognition, i would've been the first in line to buy one. fuck that shit. touch screens are nice and all but tapping to type is such a paaaaaaain. and then of course, the ability to write actual documents on an ipad instead of tap-tap-tap. i know other companies make them, but i'd prefer to get an apple one. guess i'll be waiting a long time.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #305
Blue Crack Distributor

jobs thinks he could crap in his hand, slap an apple logo on it and sell it at a 500% markup and some dope will buy it.

And he's right.

But it's only a matter of time before the customer realizes what they bought was nothing more than a pile of shit
Old 09-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:44 AM
As anyone used Ping yet? I think it's a good idea, but seemingly poorly executed. It's clunky and I can't wrap my head around using it at all. Nice review here;

Apple's Ping - a capsule review | Technology | guardian.co.uk

"It's static, detached, and outdated. Perhaps we'll revisit it when it grows up. A poor effort, Apple."
Old 09-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #307
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:44 PM
i've had a play, but it's a bit shit.

and they've wound back the way itunes looks about five years. fuuugly.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #308
The Fly

Local Time: 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post

I want the new touch, the new nano and the apple tv.
I have iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle and iPod Classic. Usually I use only one of them. I love them all so much, especially my Red Nano with Bono's quote on it. But I rrrreally want the new Nano and the new Touch. Is it called an obsession? Or they just make too attractive things.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #309
has a

Local Time: 04:44 AM
/starts searching for another iPod Classic.

I love my 120 GB Classic. I really should treat it better. It's the repository for a huge chunk of my CD collection, stored at full, lossless audio.

I wish more people cared about lossless audio. The iTunes AAC isn't bad, but I've got a decent stereo in my car, and don't want mp3s muddying up the wiring.
(not to mention sharing music with anybody--Here have their CD. The real, lossless music CD.)

iPod Classics aren't the most convenient players (size mainly), but the storage place is essential if you have large files. My iTunes music collection is approaching 400GB, and that's w/o many U2 boots. So, bring on the iPod Classic 500GB. I'll take 2.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total U2 Nut View Post
As anyone used Ping yet? I think it's a good idea, but seemingly poorly executed. It's clunky and I can't wrap my head around using it at all. Nice review here;

Apple's Ping - a capsule review | Technology | guardian.co.uk

"It's static, detached, and outdated. Perhaps we'll revisit it when it grows up. A poor effort, Apple."
I updated the new itunes last night and started using the ping. I can't quite figure it out. It seems like it is still in the development stages.

I went ahead and did what I said I would do months ago and purchased a new touch. I am excited about it. I ended up talking myself out of buying a new shuffle or nano because my current shuffle is working as of right now.

As far as a new Apple TV, I will wait to see if there will be updates for my current AppleTV and wait for the reviews to come out before I jump the boat with an upgrade. I like my Apple TV because I do not have to plug my computer into my tv and everything in terms of music, pics and the like are downloaded to it. But I really want to watch my Netflix acct on tv, so if does not happen, I will just end up doing what I did not want to do and hook my computer to my tv.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona_adam View Post
I have iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle and iPod Classic. Usually I use only one of them. I love them all so much, especially my Red Nano with Bono's quote on it. But I rrrreally want the new Nano and the new Touch. Is it called an obsession? Or they just make too attractive things.
I would call it an obsession and being attracted to shiny new things.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So Miss VelvetDress since you pre-ordered a new ipod touch does this rule out getting the iphone 4?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRay9911 View Post
Dear Amy

I don't think so

Sincerely,

Santa Claus

bite me! blue man..
Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #314
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin24 View Post
So Miss VelvetDress since you pre-ordered a new ipod touch does this rule out getting the iphone 4?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Galaxy S time then lol or the G2 coming out soon.

Tags
apple, imac, iphone, ipod, macbook, macs