even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my semi-annual "I Hate The Apple Stores" post.

I went in again to buy some software. They have NO interest in you unless you have an iPad or iPod (or an appointment). :angry:

Question for those of you with iPads:

Is the Apple Keyboard iPad specific, or could I just use the normal Blu-Tooth keyboard that came with my iMac?

Don't even know if I'd ever want to use a keyboard or not anyways, but I thought I'd ask.

This is my semi-annual "I Hate The Apple Stores" post.

:angry:

why not be like me
and start a whole new thread, I think I did that once

I still have my second gen iPhone from Dec 2007 (actually I got a factory rebuild 3/2010 for about $230 more)

I am waiting for the 5 to come out later this year, with the steel back.

I have had my screen replaced about 4 times now. I won't buy a 4 with glass on two sides

Is the Apple Keyboard iPad specific, or could I just use the normal Blu-Tooth keyboard that came with my iMac?

Don't even know if I'd ever want to use a keyboard or not anyways, but I thought I'd ask.
I think you should be able to pair most Bluetooth keyboards (released recently) with the iPad.

~

In more Apple news, the iPhone 5 has been rumoured to be more of an incremental upgrade as far as the guts getting more power, but little change to the body or functionality. Hold on to your money for 2012, folks.

i'm sure you could use any keyboard. i know when i got my mac mini when they first came out, one of the selling points was you could use your pc's keyboard and mouse. with my weird logic i figure if i could for that, surely you can for an ipad too.

So I can get a 16g iPhone for 100 clams after my upgrade from Verizon. It'll cost me 30 more dollars per month on my plan. The only reason I can think of not to get it is that my 5 (or 6)-year-old Motorola isn't broken yet. (Although it's been bitchy when I go to charge it lately.)

That and I don't like getting used to new things.

Depends how you use it. I listen to music on my iPod, so I've only got a few hundred songs on my iPhone. I got the 16GB, I think. If you have to have every song on your iPhone and compulsively download apps, then you'll want a bigger model.

Hmm, ok. I'll probably use my iPod seperately as I'm hooked up to that thing constantly, like life support. I'll likely take a lot of pictures and use a lot of apps, though.

Apps and pics dont take up a whole lot of space (depending on the app, of course). I got the 32GB because my iPod broke long ago and I use the iPhone for music. It's filling up pretty quickly... kinda wish I had the 64GB. But if you're not saving a lot of music, I wouldn't worry too much. Still though, I'd go with the 32GB just to be safe. There's nothing worse than having to continually make room

Yeah. Good idea for an episode with a couple laughs, but terrible overall. The Human Centipede (which is an actual horror movie) stuff made no sense worked into it at all, and the "I like such and such before I get f**cked" joke was a complete rip off from SNL's China sketches.

Apps and pics dont take up a whole lot of space (depending on the app, of course). I got the 32GB because my iPod broke long ago and I use the iPhone for music. It's filling up pretty quickly... kinda wish I had the 64GB. But if you're not saving a lot of music, I wouldn't worry too much. Still though, I'd go with the 32GB just to be safe. There's nothing worse than having to continually make room

No doubt, I was always having to make room on my Blackberry. Very annoying. Thanks for the info. :up:

You're welcome :)

Yeah. Good idea for an episode with a couple laughs, but terrible overall. The Human Centipede (which is an actual horror movie) stuff made no sense worked into it at all, and the "I like such and such before I get f**cked" joke was a complete rip off from SNL's China sketches.

I laughed out loud when the Apple Geniuses were doing that thing with the floating orbs. It was so ridiculous. I also liked the vanilla paste/cuttlefish & asparagus part

But the whole human centipod thing made sense in that Apple's main goal is to create technology that connects people together so we can all share our shit.... I thought it was quite clever.

Just wanted to pop in and say that my iPhone and I celebrated our one-week anniversary yesterday. :cute: I do believe it's love.

That, uhh, is the sort of thing this thread is for, right? :uhoh:

Would someone slap me and remind me that the reason the MacBook Airs are on sale is because the new ones are coming and to wait for those?
:doh:

Seductive little beauties.

Just wanted to pop in and say that my iPhone and I celebrated our one-week anniversary yesterday. :cute: I do believe it's love.

That, uhh, is the sort of thing this thread is for, right? :uhoh:

:macdevil: we got another one
mwahaha.gif
. . . with a little bit of :loveshower: for good measure :sexywink:

Would someone slap me and remind me that the reason the MacBook Airs are on sale is because the new ones are coming and to wait for those?
:doh:

Seductive little beauties.

smilie_slap.gif

. . . the reason the MacBook Airs are on sale is because the new ones coming and you should wait for those . . .

oh, and you're welcome :wink:

I got this one in blue: iPhone 4 Gelli Cases by Case-Mate

Simple and reasonably priced, I thought. I've even got a few compliments on it.

I've have crossed over to the dark side, clearly. :sexywink::cocktail:

come_to_the_dark_side.jpg

:lol:

I get mine off ebay for CHEAP. I love these covers..
CLEAR PURPLE CUBE TPU CASE BUMPER FOR APPLE IPHONE 4 4G | eBay

:drool: :wink:

iPhone 4 Cases | iPhone 4 Covers

I don't have the 4 yet but have a similar candy shell case for my 3g (with handy rubber insert for those, err, accident / klutzy type moments I have from time to time) . . . I like the candy shells as the phone sliiiiiiiides into your back pocket all glidey like and doesn't get all fluffy :crack: like some of the rubbery cases :)

So I'm in the market for a smartphone, and I'm torn between an iPhone, Blackberry, or Android. Any suggestions?

Also, any news on the iPhone 5? I might be inclined to wait for that, but I hear that it's being pushed back, possibly until next year.

So I'm in the market for a smartphone, and I'm torn between an iPhone, Blackberry, or Android. Any suggestions?

Also, any news on the iPhone 5? I might be inclined to wait for that, but I hear that it's being pushed back, possibly until next year.
If you absolutely need a physical keyboard done the right way, go Blackberry. If you want one with a great user interface, huge app store, and that "just works", go iPhone. If you want all that and the ability to fiddle with it a bit more, go with Android.

No iPhone 5 this year. We're getting an incremental update this fall, basically the iPhone 4S.

Seems my home button on the 4 is on the fritz. Works only when it wants to. :rolleyes:

The latest I heard about iPhone 5 is that is was being pushed back to this fall. Apple always announces the new generation every summer. They have their event (forgot what it is called) on June 6th I believe so any news about the new one will hopefully be announced then. They are so tightlipped about everything it could very well happen this summer.

I know one thing, don't get a BlackBerry.. pain in the ass.. is all I have to say. :angry: I have had nothing but problems with mine (I have had 2, have the Bold 9650 now). The OS is just not good.

Either the iPhone or a Android.. (best androids out there are the ones by htc).

If you absolutely need a physical keyboard done the right way, go Blackberry. If you want one with a great user interface, huge app store, and that "just works", go iPhone. If you want all that and the ability to fiddle with it a bit more, go with Android.

No iPhone 5 this year. We're getting an incremental update this fall, basically the iPhone 4S.

I have seen conflicting reports on the new iPhone name. I have seen what you mentioned and then the CEO of Verizon mentioned it as the iPhone 5. We won't know anything until June 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom