even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks.

The other guy in the last thread has a 3G (like me) and said he lost a bunch of stuff when he upgraded the software. Anyone else with a 3G upgraded??? I literally stared at the upgrade screen last night blankly for like 10 minutes after plugging in my phone ...I just couldnt do it. /scared :angry:

just make sure it does a backup before updating your software. Aren't you eligible for iphone 4?

Thanks.

The other guy in the last thread has a 3G (like me) and said he lost a bunch of stuff when he upgraded the software. Anyone else with a 3G upgraded??? I literally stared at the upgrade screen last night blankly for like 10 minutes after plugging in my phone ...I just couldnt do it. /scared :angry:

I just lost everything trying to update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :angry: :mad::mad::mad:

I have to restore the factory settings. Does this mean I will lose all my phone numbers??!?!!?

*sigh*

Ug. So I lost all my apps and the itunes library. I did back them up this morning so now I have to put them back on my phone. I didn't lose pictures, texts, or phone numbers.

Oh, and I was able to set my background to black and keep my lock screen picture. :D

How do you back up your stuff? I thought it was supposed to do it for you?

I have a 3Gs. I thought the update was going fine. As the progress bar neared the end a box popped up and said that the download could not be completed. At the point my phone froze on the silver apple for about 10 minutes. I closed itunes. I was not able to restart my phone so I started itunes again. at this point the silver apple went away and I got the "plug in to computer and start itunes" screen.

When I started itunes again a box popped up and said that my phone could not be found because it was in restore mode. :angry: It suggested I restore the phone to the factory setting but then warned me that I would lose data. :scream:

As it turns out when I restored the phone it updated to the iOS4. :| I had all my apps backed up when I synced this morning so I was able to put them back on the phone.

I don't think the update is supposed to make the phone crash.

Dang. So it's a good idea to sync first before trying to upgrade. Is the new software that much better? Is it worth it?

Yes, sync first. As far as the new software. . .eh, so far.

The camera seems to take pictures quicker, if you don't like multiple screens you can put apps into folders. (I probably won't do this) and it has a spell check not just a word suggestion. I haven't figured out how to multi-task yet but that seems like a waste of battery to me.

I am loving the iPhone 4...but had to wait 2 1/2 hours in line + a 2 1/2 hour round trip from Greenville SC to Charlotte NC (I was on a business trip and reserved one in Charlotte)

GREAT SCREEN and GREAT Camera. Much zippier than my 3G was at moving around within the phone.

Yeah I think I'll wait. :sigh:

after reading all of the above . . . I'm with you . . . some days its better the devil you know :)

I am loving the iPhone 4...but had to wait 2 1/2 hours in line + a 2 1/2 hour round trip from Greenville SC to Charlotte NC (I was on a business trip and reserved one in Charlotte)

GREAT SCREEN and GREAT Camera. Much zippier than my 3G was at moving around within the phone.

have you had any of the problems with the screen blips and service drop outs that have been reported?

A gal I was with tonight had the new iphone. Holding it, it did not feel as comfortable as holding my 3g. But the camera is awesome. The fact that you can switch the screen to take a pic of yourself, or switch it the other way to take pics of others was pretty cool. And it takes pictures in like a split second. Much faster than mine. I did like that. Great quality too, no blur at all. It's weird that both sides are glass. And the only 'case' available only covers the edges. Why the hell did they do that? It's pretty cool but I'm still not sold yet.

Yeah, I know about syncing but I thought she was implying that you had to do it manually somehow.

^ I was under the same impression Sicy . . . I'm pretty sure that you can set the sync options to automatically create an external back up (which it sounds like we need if the whole iOS upgrade goes ballistic and eats iTunes) . . . not on my iTunes computer right now . . . maybe that's what she means?

Yeah, I know about syncing but I thought she was implying that you had to do it manually somehow.

Syncing will back up my apps and stuff but I must have some box checked somewhere that I have to back up all my music manually. When I try to sync my ipod or iphone the music doesn't transfer. It's really annoying.

A guy at At&T this weekend told me that you can actually transfer ALL of your stuff from you old phone to the new iphone4 by right clicking on your phone icon in itunes and selecting 'backup'. Not syncing. That's good to know because one of my main concerns was if I got the new phone I'd lose some of my stuff.

I'm still not doing the software upgrade though. :scared:

Apple introduces iHand: the right way to hold your iPhone?|?Scoopertino :lol:

ihand_guy.jpg

Why do they want to charge me $56.91 for tax if I order via apple's website?? :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom