even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the Tiered data plans. Don't you have unlimited data sicy, or did that change when you got the iphone 4?

I'm sure it's due to the faster processor, also are you stopping the other apps you may have open in the background?

:crack: . . . don't have a macbook (yet :evil: ) but the idea of being computerless for a weekend makes me a little :panic: . . . sadm but true.

i do have a desktop pc i can use, but it's all hidden away and unsociable.

however i did just get a text update saying the part for my macbook has arrived at the workshop and i should hear more soon. knock on wood!

I'm SO addicted to that game that I bought it for .99

Worth every penny!! :lol:

k ... angry birds app ftw! :lmao:

:lmao: I lost my entire Saturday afternoon to angry birds (and then spent the evening arguing with my kids over who got the next turn :lol: :shifty: ) . . . m.u.s.t r.e.s.i.s.t . . .

i do have a desktop pc i can use, but it's all hidden away and unsociable.

however i did just get a text update saying the part for my macbook has arrived at the workshop and i should hear more soon. knock on wood!

phew :)

2gb of data is NOTHING. Wow... I'd go over every month :lol:

What do you people do on your iPhones? I've never exceeded 1 Gb or maaaaybe 1.5 Gb of data. Though it's true that I have a Blackberry as well which absorbs some of it.

What do you people do on your iPhones? I've never exceeded 1 Gb or maaaaybe 1.5 Gb of data. Though it's true that I have a Blackberry as well which absorbs some of it.

i stream a lot of audio (mostly espnradio) at work and when i'm out and about.

i'm already at 18% of my 2GB and i have 24 days left in my billing cycle

:help:

was in the middle of an epic session of angry birds (sicy!!!! :madwife: :lol: ) . . . and my 3Gs just died ~ I figured the battery just needed charging ~ no little light went on when I plugged it in to charge :( . . . this morning, I tried charging it in my car, still no light, tried connecting it to iTunes and got an error message saying that it could not connect as an unknown error had occured . . .have tried a hard reset and still nothing . . . :( :help:

By hard reset do you mean holding down the button on top and the circle button on the front?

My battery died last night uploading a video after a game I went to and had to google it.

I held both buttons until the apple popped up on screen and I was ok

By hard reset do you mean holding down the button on top and the circle button on the front?

My battery died last night uploading a video after a game I went to and had to google it.

I held both buttons until the apple popped up on screen and I was ok

Yes - hard reset = circle button and the top button . . . have done it twice now ~ going to give it one last try and then off to the apple doctor I think *cross your fingers for me* :)

EDIT :happydance: third time lucky . . . and is it sad that I now feel like I can breathe again . . . :shifty:

I think that economically-speaking, the end of unlimited data plans has been a long time coming. It sucks, but the current North American wireless carriers do not currently have the necessary network resources to support everyone downloading 2 Girls 1 Cup in HD, at the same time.

Your cell carrier (like Rogers in Canada) is most likely capable of locking the mobile data option on your iPhone so you can't use it and be charged, and then you can just use a voice plan and use Wifi for your data needs. They don't advertise this at all, for obvious reasons, but if data everywhere isn't an absolute necessity for you, look into it with customer service.

I received an e-mail that my one year Nano warranty is going to expire soon. It's the first iPod I've ever had and I haven't had any major problems with it. Is it worth the 40 dollars to get the extended protection plan?

I received an e-mail that my one year Nano warranty is going to expire soon. It's the first iPod I've ever had and I haven't had any major problems with it. Is it worth the 40 dollars to get the extended protection plan?

I vote no.
$40 goes a long way to a new one (or even a repair if needed). I'm happy with my remanufactured Nano so far.

I only get Apple's extended warranties on the laptops.

111724-back_to_the_mac_invite.jpg

Engadget reports that Apple has issued invitations for a special media event to be held next Wednesday, October 20th at 10:00 AM Pacific Time. The invitation for the event, which is to be held at the company's campus in Cupertino, California, carries the tagline "Back to the Mac".

The invitation also contains an image of what appears to be a lion peeking out from behind the Apple logo, hinting at discussion of Mac OS X 10.7. "Lion" has been one of the most commonly-suggested "big cat" names for the next-generation operating system.

As shown in our Buyer's Guide, much of Apple's notebook line with the exception of the entry-level MacBook is due for a refresh, and Apple has refreshed at least a portion of its notebook line each October or November for the last several years. Apple's desktop offerings have all been updated relatively recently, suggesting that the company's media event may focus on notebooks if new hardware is included on the agenda.

If we don't get a refreshed touchscreen iMac this round, look for it next Apple event.

Considering the massive performance issues Apple has caused to their graphic drivers with the most recent iterations of the OS, here's hoping 10.7 is a significant improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom