even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ss_48.png

i love my iphone, i love my iphone, i love my iphone, i love my iphone, i love my iphone...

:giggle:

Oh man. It's so pretty.

:combust: gorgeous :drool:

:crazy:

I want the new touch, the new nano and the apple tv.

*adds all of this to christmas / when I win lottery wish list*

:bow:

EDIT

:hug: for Bomac ~ that is my life too . . . could you not save your 32g as a gift for someone or ebay it if they won't accept a return???

No flash on the iPod Touch camera? What the hell.

I swear to god, the iPhone 4 case looked great, and not fragile as all fuck like the last two generations of Touches. I bet they left out the flash because they couldn't fit it in that case. Motherfuckers. You fucking fuckers.

The options are sell on EBay or recycle through Apple. I might do that with my 1st Gen iPod Touch because the screen is all wonky, so I'm not sure anyone would want to buy it.

then the other question is regards to the data that has been downloaded to my Apple TV. I have no idea to get rid of my data and would not want to sell it on ebay without knowing how to wipe it clean.

And apple has effectively started the death sentence of their only product that I still love... Good bye ipod classic. I shall miss thee

Only question I have after this press conference is what music device I should check out if and when my current ipod classic dies. Jobs clearly doesn't see themselves as serious players in the music world any longer. Pity

^ he expects you to move over to the iPod Touch.
The old iPod can not put as much money into Apple coffers as a Touch can.

He wants you to be a more regular fee payer.
Sure you can use the iPod Touch only like an iPod
but he is banking that you will pay for apps, and video content.

Jobs is only about the money. Apple TV at $99 is not cheap.

Apple will get a big piece of the NetFlix rental fee.
5 bucks, pardon $4.99 is not cheap. Many are going to Redbox for $1.00

Also, the 99 cents for TV show is a price point that most people won't give a lot of thought to.
Most people are watching these for free on hulu or other online sites now.

As those options go away the fee for view will make Jobs even richer and the average T V viewer a bit poorer. But at 99 cents a pop most people will not see it coming.

And apple has effectively started the death sentence of their only product that I still love... Good bye ipod classic. I shall miss thee.

This was my one disappointment :up: I love my iPod classic, actually I think it's a video, I've had it for years, and it's pretty battered now so I had my eyes peeled for any potential replacements. I don't think any of the new iPod family is a suitable replacement really, maybe I'm living in the old world, but I like my iPod with its non-touch screen and its click wheel :wink:

I'll be interested to see if Ping takes off at any rate.

And apple has effectively started the death sentence of their only product that I still love... Good bye ipod classic. I shall miss thee

I only pay attention to what Apple puts out there when it comes time to buy a new iPod .... which is to say I only pay attention every 3-4 years or whatever.

So forgive me for barging in and asking, but what makes you say that? Are they just no longer making the iPod Classic?

Mine still works fine, so I don't anticipate buying anything new for a while. Does the new iPod Touch bag your groceries and give you pedicures or something?

Why am I supposed to want one, or am I immune to the hype because I don't salivate over everything Apple does? :wink:

The only iPod I have ever own is the iPod shuffle. I never wanted the original iPod but since I bought a MacBook, I see the use for the iPod touch and since I will not be buying an iPhone, it will provide me with everything that I want from the iPhone. The iPod touch is still too bulky for my general needs (use during workouts).

I have owned the 1st generation shuffle and purchased the second generation several years ago after I ruined my first generation. I did not want to buy a new shuffle because I do not like the current generation but now that the new one and the new nano is rolling out, I am interested in both, especially since my current one is dying.

I have a 120gb classic. Why the fuck would I want to go to 32 gigs at a huge price just so I can get apps?

Oh. Ew. I don't want all that crap on an iPod. I already have enough of that on my phone. If I wanted that on top of an iPod, I would have gotten an iPhone. If I had wanted an iPhone, I would have bought an iPhone.

So yeah, that does suck. :down:

Apple is dead to me.

They haven't refreshed the ipod classic in a long time. I have a 120gb classic. Why the fuck would I want to go to 32 gigs at a huge price just so I can get apps?

since when are we supposed to be going backwards in the way we listen to music?

Fuck you, steve jobs.

Google%20Android%20pee%20on%20Apple%20iPhone.JPG

you didn't hear Jobs splain it all

it was right there in the Apple TV part.

people said they don't want storage, they don't want to own dvds,
they want access to content

it is just a matter of time that Jobs will move everybody over to iTunes at 9.99 a month, you will be able to build your own library, playlists online in your iTunes account. You will be Apple to access it with your iPod Touch iPad, iPhone, MacBook, iMac, or Apple TV

for only 9.99 a month, I see this coming for sure.

don't you see how much better it is
you can have access to just about all music ever for only 9.99 a month

that is the cost of buying 10 tunes, you can lister to hundreds a month with this plan.

I dunno. I still like buying actual CDs, so I guess all the cool tech kids just don't have time for old-school music lovers like me. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom