DVD problems.. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Professional Insomniac

Location: If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I'm not. I'm in New Brunswick.
Local Time: 11:39 PM
DVD problems..

I just bought 3 disk set of LOTR. I can play it in a stand alone dvd player but it won't work on my laptop. Which is very frustrating.

I have a Toshiba Notebook and I use Windows Media Player.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
dianepm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Maybe a bit more information would be useful. What do you mean by not working, what happens when you put the dvd in?

If it plays but you don't see anything, codec problem. Get VLC player or a codec pack.
If it does nothing, could be a damaged disc. Laptops are far more sensitive than dvd players so if the disc is damaged, could be that the lapptop can't read it. Or the disc player could be damaged as well.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Professional Insomniac

Location: If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I'm not. I'm in New Brunswick.
Sorry for not getting back sooner...I've been stupidly busy.

When I put in a disc it makes a noise like it's trying to read it but keeps going in a loop. And now none of my discs work.

I think after Christmas I'm going to take it to the local computer guy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Laptop cannot read it then. Have you tried a generic random cd and see if that works? If it does, the LOTR disc is damaged, if no disc works, even the ones that worked in the past, your dic reader is damaged.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
Professional Insomniac

nothing works now...I put in one of my U2 discs and it didn't read that and it always read that so I think you're right.