DVD/CD Burning problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Pac_Mule

Refugee
recently, for some reason, my cd/dvd drive stopped burning correctly. My first problem came when I tried burning my first DVD (A U2 bootleg :wink: ), it said it was done, said it worked, when I put it into the DVD player, nothing. Later on, (today) I tried burning a CD. It appeared to work. Put it into multiple CD players, nothing, or sometimes a CD error. I tried it twice more. same thing. any advice??? my CD/DVD Drive is an HP DVD Writer 940d...

update: CD's I was using were defective, used different brand, and it works now. But I still can't burn DVD's! :mad:

ah, I dont know actually....

EDIT: yeah, I looked on the internet, it can read and write DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW...

Last edited:
Do you mean that you're burning a video file as is onto a dvd, and then trying to play it in another player, not on the dvd drive? If so, it may be an issue of file type. For many dvd players, the file needs to be converted to another format. For example, if you have the right program, the program will convert the file from avi to whatever (not sure of the format name) prior to burning, in order to make it playable on a dvd player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom