DVD audio ripper, file converting and DVD making software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoobaby14

War Child
DVD Ripper Questions...

I have an ipod touch and I want to put some of my movies onto it.

A friend told me I need to downlaod a dvd ripper, but the only problem is I have no clue what it is.

I googled it and alot of them seem a bit dodgy, and I really don't want to pay for one.

Can anyone recommend a good one, thats free and won't put virus ect on my computer.

Thanks.

:wave: I'm looking for some free software to download which can a) rip DVD audio to mp3 etc, b) convert various file types, and c) make DVD's.

Some friends have recommended MediaCoder and ImToo. Any other recommendations? I'd prefer something that's easy to use and without watermarking if that's possible.

Thanks!

I use MobiDVD.
It's free, and you can rip to a variety of formats.
There's even a way to rip audio only in WAV format (losslessly!).

MobiDVD - Rip and convert DVD/VCD/CD for iPod/PSP/3GP Cell Phone/PDA/ iPhone/Apple TV/Zune

I'm quite pleased with it.

I think I've used DVD Decrypter before, and the primary difference seems to be this:
With DVD Decrypter it turns the video into a specific file type which then needs to be transcoded into other formats for different uses.

MobiDVD rips and transcodes to the format you want in one step, including iPod Video format--the only drawback is that there doesn't seem to be a way to rip the entire DVD at once (as far as I can tell. I've just instructed the program to rip one track, and then told it to rip the next once the first one is done. There may be a way to rip the whole batch; if so, I just haven't found it yet.

Hope this helps!

Sorry for the double post, but I have a caveat:
Google is now listing the MobiDVD website as potentially dangerous. I'm not sure what the reason is for this--I've never had a problem with the software on my computer and I use anti-virus and anti-spyware programs fairly regularly. However, just as a warning: it is listed as dangerous now, so unless you know what you're doing, and have protection on your computer, visit the site at your own risk. Sorry about that...

Back
Top Bottom