DSLRs - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #121
Refugee
 
Mofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MTY, Mexico
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 07:00 PM
no word, still says backordered!

yea my page is Prophotospecs.com, though I'm updating it, but there's a couple of sections availbable, espacios, fotografia personal, and in retratos there's a some pages online, takes a little while to load, but please tell me what you think!!
__________________

__________________
Mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #122
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
no word, still says backordered!

yea my page is Prophotospecs.com, though I'm updating it, but there's a couple of sections availbable, espacios, fotografia personal, and in retratos there's a some pages online, takes a little while to load, but please tell me what you think!!
Nice portfolio. Looks like some cool long exposures for the darker shots. Wonder what the wait is for after all these months. Looking forward to trying out the HD video, although the iris can't be controlled with Canon lenses (although there are workarounds). Too bad they crippled the video. I've seen some nice videos posted on vimeo etc.
__________________
ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #124
Refugee
 
Mofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MTY, Mexico
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 07:00 PM
thanks! what do you mean crippled the video??, I heard a lot of complains about the video in terms of control, but to me that was just a nice bonus to fool around
__________________
Mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
thanks! what do you mean crippled the video??, I heard a lot of complains about the video in terms of control, but to me that was just a nice bonus to fool around
Just the lack of iris control, which would be nice to have in video mode.


I took this one handheld at ISO 3200, no NR. No complaints on the ISO performance on this:

__________________
ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 08:00 PM
Some more high ISO testing (3200+) at night. Hand held street shots, with some noise reduction. A lot more detail preserved than before (with my 350D this would require a tripod and low iso).



__________________
ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:26 AM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 06:00 PM
What about the Nikon D90?
__________________
Justin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #128
Refugee
 
Mofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MTY, Mexico
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 07:00 PM
just purchased my 5D II in bhphoto, please tell me it's worth it!!!
__________________
Mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #129
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
just purchased my 5D II in bhphoto, please tell me it's worth it!!!
Nice - looks like Canon is finally catching up with the orders. At least you have the 5D already, and know what to expect somewhat - I went in blind. I think you'll appreciate the Live View (for macro), HD video, lens microadjustments, and the 21MP.
__________________
ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #130
Refugee
 
Mofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MTY, Mexico
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 07:00 PM
yeah! I can't wait, it shipped a couple of hours ago, and by wednesday/thursday I should get it!!

can't wait to see how far I can push the ISO settings
__________________
Mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #131
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
can't wait to see how far I can push the ISO settings
So far, in low light I am getting chrominance noise at ISO 3200, but it is still usable with NR.

I need a new wired remote switch. My old one is not compatible, but the wireless one is. Do you have one? I'm thinking of getting the one with interval shooting - I want to try time lapse photography (to video) with it.
__________________
ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #132
Refugee
 
Mofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MTY, Mexico
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
So far, in low light I am getting chrominance noise at ISO 3200, but it is still usable with NR.

I need a new wired remote switch. My old one is not compatible, but the wireless one is. Do you have one? I'm thinking of getting the one with interval shooting - I want to try time lapse photography (to video) with it.

mm to bad, I also got the wired remote switch, never used wireles, seeing as I'm always behind the camera, Guess the 5D grip also doesn't work with the 5D II, but I'll check it out
__________________
Mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ntalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,900
Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
yeah! I can't wait, it shipped a couple of hours ago, and by wednesday/thursday I should get it!!
You get it yet? My 350D remote shutter didn't work (different pins), so I will get a new one.

Here's the time lapse stuff I mentioned. This was shot entirely on a 5D II (still sequences + video) - amazing stuff.

Timescapes Timelapse: Learning to Fly on Vimeo
__________________
ntalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #134
Refugee
 
Mofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MTY, Mexico
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
You get it yet? My 350D remote shutter didn't work (different pins), so I will get a new one.

Here's the time lapse stuff I mentioned. This was shot entirely on a 5D II (still sequences + video) - amazing stuff.

Timescapes Timelapse: Learning to Fly on Vimeo
Yeah went to Mcallen yesterday to pick it up!! it's great, I'm a bit pissed off that I forgot to buy the grip (I have the grip for the 5D but it didn't even ocurred to me that there is a gripo especifically for the 5DII) and an extra battery, hopefully I'll be able to get it here in Mexico, cause I really want to use it for a wedding that I'll be doing next saturday!


THAT VIDEO IS FUCKING INSANE!!! Congratulations!!! I need to do something like that!!!!!
__________________
Mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #135
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post

Here's the time lapse stuff I mentioned. This was shot entirely on a 5D II (still sequences + video) - amazing stuff.

Timescapes Timelapse: Learning to Fly on Vimeo
That's seriously beautiful. Wow.
__________________

__________________
anitram is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cameras, dslr

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com