DSLRs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no word, still says backordered!

yea my page is Prophotospecs.com, though I'm updating it, but there's a couple of sections availbable, espacios, fotografia personal, and in retratos there's a some pages online, takes a little while to load, but please tell me what you think!!

5D2.jpg

:drool:

no word, still says backordered!

yea my page is Prophotospecs.com, though I'm updating it, but there's a couple of sections availbable, espacios, fotografia personal, and in retratos there's a some pages online, takes a little while to load, but please tell me what you think!!

Nice portfolio. Looks like some cool long exposures for the darker shots. Wonder what the wait is for after all these months. Looking forward to trying out the HD video, although the iris can't be controlled with Canon lenses (although there are workarounds). Too bad they crippled the video. I've seen some nice videos posted on vimeo etc.

thanks! what do you mean crippled the video??, I heard a lot of complains about the video in terms of control, but to me that was just a nice bonus to fool around

thanks! what do you mean crippled the video??, I heard a lot of complains about the video in terms of control, but to me that was just a nice bonus to fool around

Just the lack of iris control, which would be nice to have in video mode.

I took this one handheld at ISO 3200, no NR. No complaints on the ISO performance on this:

vases3200.jpg

Some more high ISO testing (3200+) at night. Hand held street shots, with some noise reduction. A lot more detail preserved than before (with my 350D this would require a tripod and low iso).

WISC.jpg

GTBEN.jpg

just purchased my 5D II in bhphoto, please tell me it's worth it!!! :hyper:

Nice - looks like Canon is finally catching up with the orders. At least you have the 5D already, and know what to expect somewhat - I went in blind. I think you'll appreciate the Live View (for macro), HD video, lens microadjustments, and the 21MP.

yeah! I can't wait, it shipped a couple of hours ago, and by wednesday/thursday I should get it!!

can't wait to see how far I can push the ISO settings

can't wait to see how far I can push the ISO settings

So far, in low light I am getting chrominance noise at ISO 3200, but it is still usable with NR.

I need a new wired remote switch. My old one is not compatible, but the wireless one is. Do you have one? I'm thinking of getting the one with interval shooting - I want to try time lapse photography (to video) with it.

So far, in low light I am getting chrominance noise at ISO 3200, but it is still usable with NR.

I need a new wired remote switch. My old one is not compatible, but the wireless one is. Do you have one? I'm thinking of getting the one with interval shooting - I want to try time lapse photography (to video) with it.

mm to bad, I also got the wired remote switch, never used wireles, seeing as I'm always behind the camera, Guess the 5D grip also doesn't work with the 5D II, but I'll check it out

yeah! I can't wait, it shipped a couple of hours ago, and by wednesday/thursday I should get it!!

You get it yet? My 350D remote shutter didn't work (different pins), so I will get a new one.

Here's the time lapse stuff I mentioned. This was shot entirely on a 5D II (still sequences + video) - amazing stuff.

Timescapes Timelapse: Learning to Fly on Vimeo

You get it yet? My 350D remote shutter didn't work (different pins), so I will get a new one.

Here's the time lapse stuff I mentioned. This was shot entirely on a 5D II (still sequences + video) - amazing stuff.

Yeah went to Mcallen yesterday to pick it up!! it's great, I'm a bit pissed off that I forgot to buy the grip (I have the grip for the 5D but it didn't even ocurred to me that there is a gripo especifically for the 5DII) and an extra battery, hopefully I'll be able to get it here in Mexico, cause I really want to use it for a wedding that I'll be doing next saturday!

THAT VIDEO IS FUCKING INSANE!!! Congratulations!!! I need to do something like that!!!!!

THAT VIDEO IS FUCKING INSANE!!! Congratulations!!! I need to do something like that!!!!!

Yeah - it's great. Congrats to the guy who made it (Tom) - he's seriously talented. I'll have to buy one of those interval timers and start learning and experimenting with time lapse. There is also a rotating tripod thing that shifts every few seconds. I have to try the camera on the car dash thing too :wink:.

Yeah - it's great. Congrats to the guy who made it (Tom) - he's seriously talented. I'll have to buy one of those interval timers and start learning and experimenting with time lapse. There is also a rotating tripod thing that shifts every few seconds. I have to try the camera on the car dash thing too :wink:.

LOL!! ok clearly I need to get some sleep, I thought you've made it!!

Holy Shit that was beautiful. Can you do that with any camera? How can I do a timelapse with my NikonD200?

Holy Shit that was beautiful. Can you do that with any camera? How can I do a timelapse with my NikonD200?

Yes - a basic time lapse can be done with any DSLR that can handle a remote interval shutter. He shot the above video with stills, but some of the scenes were HD video from the 5D Mark II. His forum is http://www.timescapes.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5. It give some good basics of time lapse. You have to use software like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut to import the stills as an image sequence.

:drool::drool:

I just ordered my first DSLR and I am very excited, while it is not as fancy as the cameras that are in use here, it will do for me. I went ahead and purchased the Canon EOS Rebel XSi Silver 12.20 MP. yay me!

I'm thinking of getting a 70-200mm for my 5D II. There are four versions of it that span a large price range. Any owners have advice on the IS on this lens? Based on cost/value, I am leaning towards the f/4 IS version, and then maybe the f/4 non-IS.

I have the f/4 non IS version, and it is a wonderful lens. Sharp, great contrasty images, solid build and light compared to the f/2.8 versions. On my camera it quickly loses it's usefulness indoors in anything but the brightest of light, but with the 5DII's awesome high iso performance that may not be such a hindrance. My only choices at the time were the f/4 or the f/2.8 versions, the f/4 IS wasn't out yet. I'd probably be leaning towards that if I were in shopping for a good telezoom now.

^Thanks. I read the IS version gives 4 stops of shake correction, so I'll probably go for that one. I also might try out a 1.4 or 2x extender with it to try shooting birds or sports, but I think I read the image can degrade a bit, depending on settings. I have to research it (the extender) more.

Back
Top Bottom