Downloading from U2 Start.Com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2387

Refugee
Hi Everyone!

This is the first time I have ever entered this particular forum, lol. I usually hang around in everything you know or album has a name. Bear with me, I am not the most technically inclined person!

Like alot of you, I have a U2 start.com membership and like to get bootlegs from them. I downloaded a handfull over the summer, and they all played fine in Windows Media Player as .rar files. However, every bootleg I have tried to play since September has downloaded fine, but when I get to opening it, Windows Media Player comes up with a message that it does not support this type of .rar file.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? Is there a way to fix it, or more importantly, is there another player for these files that can be downloaded that someone would be able to recommend to me!

Thank you very much in advance, appreciate that we have such a wide variety of people here who have different expertise and are willing to share it!

It sounds odd you were able to play the files in the first place. .rar files need to be extracted first as Elfa said, you need to download Winrar or Winzip for that. Just google and you'll easily find it. That way you'll get the mp3's out.

Thank you so very much, elevated U2 and galeongirl!

That was easy once someone explained it to me!

Back
Top Bottom