Downloaded video won't play video - just audio! Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosebud

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
in the enchanted forest of dreams and wonderment..
Okay, so over in PLEBA I downloaded - from kafrun's link - the Conan O'Brian show with U2 (the one with the "In the year 2000" bit). I tried playing it on Windows Media Player, and it played the audio fine, but no video showed up. Somebody suggested I needed a codec (and who knows, maybe I do), but the status bar did say at one point: "acquiring codec" and then "codec acquired" so I'm not sure that's it.

Next I tried it in RealPlayer, but it said "Some parts of this file cannot be played. Would you like to check for updates for this file?" When I pressed "OK" it came up with "Needs to download new software" and after it searched, it said "no software is available from Real to support the content".

Now I've tried downloading and playing this on 2 different computers and I'm getting the same problem. Others have said the video works fine for them though.

ANY idea what's wrong??? I would really appreciate the help; I've been looking for this video for so long. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Otherwise to avoid this problem in the future, download a codec pack (google it and you'll find loads)
That's the most common problem with video playing, usually they're compressed with a certain video codec, and if your pc doesn't have that codec, it can't play the video... a codec pack contains all these common codecs so you'll never have the problem again :)

Back
Top Bottom