Does anyone know what I did?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
I got up from my laptop for a minute and when I came back everything on the screen is all stretched and blurry. Everything. When I got up I set my headphones down and maybe they hit something on the keyboard. I've searched all the help and control panel and can't find anything. Does anyone know what I did? I know it's probably really simple and stupid. :reject:

Did the resolution change somehow? If the aspect ratio isn't correct, the texts will get blurred/fuzzy/stretched wrong.

It probably does have something to do with that, but I still don't know what happened. If I go to my screen resolution in the display properties it's still on the middle setting like it always was before, but since there are only 3 notches there I can only move it up one. That did sharpen it up so it is better than the big blurry screen, but it's grainier than how my screen looked before this happens. Oh well... I guess that's better than nothing. Just wish I knew what happened. :sigh:
Thanks Liesje!

Sometimes my laptop will go into "everythings huge and pixelated" mode. usually it returns to normal after a while.

If it doesnt fix itself I wouldnt know what to suggest.

Do you have an auto contrast adjust button on your monitor? Try that.

Hit some of the F keys too.. I've had weird stuff happen when accidentaly hitting an F key.

I don't see anything that says specifically auto contrast, would it say that somewhere? And I wish I could find some sort of guide to the F functions.... I tried some randomly last night and I got a box that said are you sure you wish to delete all *insert huge number in the thousands here* files? :yikes:
So I stopped trying that :reject:

I'm getting used to this super sharp/grainy screen I guess... and I can always hope MooMoo!'s "fix itself" idea will happen :wink:

Have you tried right clicking the desktop and fiddling with the appearance or settings? mine is on something like 1200x800, so yours should probably be a simmilar size.

Thanks MooMoo! I think my daughter just figured out what I did because she just did the same thing by accident. It was Fn spacebar. :rolleyes: She said hitting the same thing again put it back.... almost.... for both of us the task bar at the bottom stayed big and stretched even tho everything else looks ok... the only way she could figure to fix that was to do a system restore. Thanks again everyone for all your advice!

that is really funny. I also have a toshiba satelite. So of course I couldn't help myself . I felt compelled to hgit Fn-Spacebar. The screen got blurry and it looked like it zoomed in . I hit it again and it zoomed in some more . The third time it went back to normal. It gave me a laugh because it is like when the waiter gives you a plate and says this plate is really hot and you feel the need to touch it and see.

Back
Top Bottom