Digital Camera Woes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
The last little while my digital camera has been a bit cantankerous. The other day while on a hike, it took a few fits where it would turn on.. then turn off again. After much fiddling I did get it to take the pictures. Then today I took a few pictures, turned off the camera.. and when I turned it on again it said the internal memory was full.. when there's no way it was. I had it set on the lowest quality and even when I deleted one of the pictures.. that didn't change.

I brought it in and tried to upload the pictures onto the computer and it wouldn't do that either.

Can anyone tell me what the frell is going on with my camera? I do enjoy it very much.

I'm recharging the batteries right now. The camera itself is from 2002.. which doesn't seem old to me.. but maybe it is.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

the visual display could be going haywire, but your camera could still be functioning properly. that happened to my mom's. you know how every time you take a picture, it gives you a count of how many you have left? my mom's picture count was always 999, but she was still able to take pictures and her camera was still working perfeclty. so the display might decieve you sometimes.

about uploading your pictures...that is so wierd that it didnt' work. do you usually stick your memory card directly into the computer, or do you upload via USB?

you might need to take it into the camera store, i'm sure they'd be able to figure it out, thsoe geniuses.
what kind of camera is it?

i hope it works out soon. =/
keep taking pictures, tho hehhehe

It's a Kodak CX4230. Usually i just upload the pictures via USB. The thing with that is.. the screen with come up and I can access that.. but where it usually would show a preview of the picture.. there isn't one. And if I try to transfer that picture, then I get an error message. It's quite strange.

I did write a query to Kodak today and am waiting for a response.

Thanks for the suggestions, Tuwie :)

Internal memory is only the memory the camera comes with (I see your model has 16MB). Can you try an actual SD card? Perhaps the internal memory is damaged.

Do you know anyone with a camera? SD cards are very popular. You could always buy a cheap one from newegg.com. If it doesn't solve the problem, at least you've got a card for a new camera or mp3 player.

I don't know how you can survive without one! I have almost 2GB in cards and I still run out :reject:

Back
Top Bottom