Did My Comp Crash?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
I came home last night and went to use my computer when I see a black screen with white letters telling me unix (?) has just installed something and then it showed IP addresses and then never went beyond that. I turned it off and on again but it did the same thing. I tried doing cntrl + alt + delete and same thing.

Did it crash? :(

Btw, it's a Compaq, about 4 years old with an extra hard drive and has been acting just fine - a little slower for the past year, but overall ok up until last night.

I'm taking it in somewhere over the weekend.

Hmmm, I'm not sure why it would show an IP address unless it's trying to boot off of the network. You can go into setup when it starts, check the boot list and move the hard drive up to the top. Usually you press F2 to get into setup, or the splash screen will tell you which key to hit.

Took it to Best Buy today (all other comp places were closed today :mad: ) and the Geek Squad determined the hard drive is bad. :sad:

It's over five years old plus had an additional hard drive added in '05 for my iTunes (I'm :pray: that's ok, they weren't sure if it was or not) so I think it was just a matter of time.

Looking at laptops now, I posted in the HP or Dell thread for advice.

Back
Top Bottom