Dell Latitude 620

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarvark

Acrobat
Anybody use this? Thinking about making a purchuse for school but am tettering between this and a Macbook.

This sounds more stable though.

Anybody have any experiance with it?

I've not used that one in particular (I use Dell GX620 MTs and USFFs everyday at work, but I don't think the number is any correlation?) but I tend to stay away from Dell laptops. I've never had one myself, but I've worked on many and I've seen them come out of the box with spyware in their bundled software. Also, most people I know who've had one have had serious (like crash and burn) issues with the temperature and the inadequacy of the fans (laptop heats up HOT, fan comes on late, fan can't cool laptop, HD shuts down, user calls Dell, Dell asks if fan turned on, user says yes, Dell says too bad if the fan is working there's nothing they can do). This can be avoided by proper laptop use - not using it directly on your lap or on a hard surface, but with a cooling pad or something.

I've always stuck with PCs, but it's simply because I can get a fine PC notebook for half the price of a Mac.

Back
Top Bottom