Connection issues with torrents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
So here's my problem.

When I download torrents, they run fine for a few hours, and then my internet connection just stops. Not only is my download dead in the water, but I can't connect to the internet either.

This happens both in BitTornado and Azureus.

Things were working just fine and dandy until two weeks ago, when I got an automatic update of McAffee security center. I've tried futzing around in there, turning off some of the protection features, disabling the firewall, but nothing works.

I don't really want to uninstall McAffee, because hey, I want some protection, just only when I want it, you know?

I'm at a loss for how to fix this, and it's really ticking me off.

Any suggestions? There are many U2 DVDs awaiting my download. :(

No ideas, huh? Bummer. :(

I guess I have enough U2 bootleg DVDs that I don't need to download those 5 that are waiting on my hard drive to be all hooked up to the torrent, but I'd still like to figure out the answer to this. :wink:

I might end up uninstalling McAfee and see if that fixes it. If not, I can just redownload McAfee and try plan B.

It was just a recent McAfee update that caused this, no? If so, you can do a System Restore to the last restore point before you installed the update and set it back without removing McAfee. A system restore will not delete any "normal" files like pics, music, Word docs, videos, etc that were saved after the update.

The system restore appears to have worked! Huzzah! I've never had to use that feature before.

Now, of course, my Outlook won't receive emails, but for the moment, I don't care. :wink:

Thanks, Liesje!

Back
Top Bottom