CoD MW & MWII on PS3 issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
My son is now unable to get online with CoD MW & MWII on the ps3. He used to be able to get online with these games, but he says its not just here it happens, it happens at his home too with a seperate ps3 and discs. It happens with his profile and my profile too.....anyone got any idea?

EDIT TO SAY: I dont think he is banned from PSN as he CAN get online with Black Ops and Modern Warfre 4

Well...heres an update for anyone that maybe interested.

I phoned Sony. They passed the buck, sed it sounded like a problem with the game, so advised me to contact Activision, who make the games.
So i did that...spoke to a guy who suggested trying the discs on another ps3. I tried on my neighbours and all worked well. So the buck goes back to Sony.
On Sunday, i again phone Sony, explain the situation to them and they suggest that i would need a replacement ps3, which they could provide (recontioned) for £110. I thought sod that, Sony are making a killing, buy getting me to buy the original PS3, then the replacement and in the meantime, they get my "faulty" ps3, to do up and then sell on for another £110,so on principle I decided to not take them up on their offer.
So, i went and bought a new one, got home...set it up....and lo and behold, the problem is still prevalent.
So i contacted Sony and told them the situation. Im really hacked off that they suggested my PS3 was faulty, which made me think i needed a replacement. NOW Sony have changed their tune, they are trying to suggest that it might be an internet problem, and that i needed ports open on my router. So i contact ISP and they stated all the ports are open.
So thats the state of play. Im stuck with a brand new ps3 i didnt need. Strange thing is...my sons ps3 at his home is also not playing on MWII. So isnt it strange that 3 different machines on two different networks are having the same problem?

***Update***. I took my ps3 to my neighbours to try their internet connection. The discs still didnt work, yet, they work on her sons silver ps3 fine. Im really puzzled by this.

Surely my son and i cant be the only ones this is happeneing to?

I've never heard of that sort of thing happening.

Maybe check on some gaming forums? The following sites have really large communities:

Gametrailers.com
IGN.com
Gamefaqs.com

I've never heard of that sort of thing happening.

Maybe check on some gaming forums? The following sites have really large communities:

Gametrailers.com
IGN.com
Gamefaqs.com

Thanks for that. At last...after a few days of digging around, im starting to get somewhere. I have discovered others who have a similar problem. The more i think about it, i think i have fallen foul of a malicious hack. Some people need a damned good thrashing if you ask me.

Right now....my main concern is the fact that i needlesley went out and spent £190 on a new ps3 i didnt need, having been advised by Sony that my ps3 was faulty.

****UPDATE*****

Well, most importantly, i managed to return the new ps3 to the shop i got it from. It was exempt from 28 day money back garentee, so i had to be slightly fly, and i took it back and sed that it wouldnt play 3 of my games, which was true. I didnt say it was faulty!

Second of all, i managed to get the three games working again by doing port forwarding. Strangely, i only did port forwarding for CoD MWII, yet all three games fully work again as a result. Strange but true! So....thankfully its all resolved, as it was beginning to annoy me :)

Back
Top Bottom