Chrome - anyone ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The one thing that I find incomprehensible is why would Google make a browser but not make a Google toolbar available on it???

Haven't used google toolbar in a while . With Chrome, non-url text typed into the address bar becomes a search term, with google results returned - a cool feature.

Count me in as a Chrome convert...so far so good!

My only issue is Google is known for gathering stats on your use (ie, of gmail), but that was already going on before no matter if you were using Chrome or not, so :shrug:

Anyone still using Chrome? Firefox has just been pissing me off lately so I decided to try Chrome and I cant believe how much faster it is. :|

Anyone still using Chrome? Firefox has just been pissing me off lately so I decided to try Chrome and I cant believe how much faster it is. :|

I'm still using it :up:

I run into a site that isn't compatible once in a while, but that's really my only complaint.

I actually havent felt the need to change browsers, just ever. :/ I use Firefox normally, but is this Chrome business really that much better?

I think for the most part they are all the same. Except I have tons of add-ons in Firefox that I use all the time so I wont switch permanently. But just for me today Chrome was working much better/faster than Firefox.

I just downloaded it tonight. It is much faster. Coming from someone who still uses dial up, that's saying a lot.
I'm going to ask if I can use it at work. It would improve the time it takes to log a tech call and I'd have so much more time to do fun things. :wink:

I like it too and haven't switched off since going on it last year, but I'm a bit puzzled by the decision to not let customization of the folder it runs out of. Seems to get clogged up after a while, but haven't noticed any noticeable problems because of it. It would be a pain if you were the type of person who likes to locate caches and temp file directories somewhere other than your o/s drive, however.

Just installed Chrome and so far so good. I like the fact that it is much quicker at loading pages than Firefox and seems less cluttered with a larger viewing window due to the lack of the Google toolbar I had installed on Firefox. I'll stick with it until it pisses me off...:up:

i've used chrome on and off since it came out and i think i'm going to try switching for good. i love safari's simplicity and all but it's been really aggravating me lately.

the only thing i miss is being able to cmd-arrow to shift between tabs. hopefully i'll get used to counting the tabs to switch that way.

I installed chrome ages ago but never thought of using it. But now the new beta version of firefox is developing some random features, so I finally gave it a try.

It's good :yes:.

Loads some pages significantly faster than firefox. And it works really well for orkut.

i been using Google chrome for about a month now. Had been using Firefox, but i found it didnt run smoothly on windows 7. I am slowly getting used to Chrome, and it certainly seems to be the fastest browser

agreed. one thing i love about it is if some tab you're viewing gets all messed up, you can just stop the operations on the one tab instead of force quitting the whole program like you have to with any other browser i've used. so many times i'll be viewing something (fucking addictive flash games 99% of the time) and it shits itself. it still does on chrome but at least i don't lose anything in the process.

Back
Top Bottom