Cell phone providers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one should I switch to?

• T-Mobile

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • US Cellular

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Verizon

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
My contract with Nextel is up in September, and while I do like them, they're so expensive. I don't text much, but I'm thinking that I need to because it's so much cheaper. That being said, I still have several people in my family that I wouldn't be able to text (that stuff is too much for them! they're lucky they understand their phones at all! lol) I've narrowed it down to T-Mobile, Verizon and US Cellular. I'm looking for opinions from whomever out there might use them or has used them. Thanks!!

Did Nextel harrass you at all with customer service calls? Sprint was calling me several times a day every day for a few weeks trying to get me to sign a new contract and/or add new services, and only stopped calling after I told them I'd be cancelling my service altogether if they called me one more time. :mad: I know I qualify for a new phone, but I don't want to sign a new contract since I'm probably going to be moving in the next year.

I'm not going to vote, but it seems like of the three, Verizon has the largest and most reliable network.

I've had Verizon for about 6 or 7 years now and I've found it to be virtually hassle free. I first got it when I still lived in NY and it still works great now that I'm in IL. reliable and the people have been nice when we've gone in for a new phone or new services. I didn't officially pay extra for texting since I don't do that often, but I did pay an extra $5 a month for mobile web access, which comes in handy if I'm traveling and need to check e-mail, weather...etc. for me though, I dropped to a family plan that I share with my mom since in recent years I hardly talk on my phone as much. a little here and there but mostly I keep it for emergencies or during my commute. so my bill is cheaper and I have less minutes. and I still have a NY phone number. :lol: anyway, I haven't experienced many problems aside from a few dropped calls here and there. I get reception almost everywhere I usually go or need to go. so there's my vote.

I have Verizon now and like it but I'm heading over to AT&T when the i-Phone comes out next month.

I'd suggest waiting a few weeks and signing up with AT&T.

:hyper:

Last edited:
I had Verizon for a while (a company provided cell phone) and it worked well.

My sister had T-Mobile for a while ... she was not happy with them. A lot of dropped calls.

Not sure about US Cellular.

I had trouble with Cingular dropping calls ironically. And Nextel gave me no service in my home... but T-Mobile has worked very well for me.

My parents got US Cellular and I think something happened really bass ackwards...like their phone died or something and in order to get a new one, they couldn't just buy it, but extend their contract to buy it? Something wierd like that.

I would make sure to ask around your are too. B/c I know Cingular/ATT is great in some places, Verizon too. But I have had no problems with T-Mobile at all.

UberBeaver said:
I like Verizon service. It works well for me. I highly recommend it.

:shifty:

:tsk:

I have Verizon and it's been fine so far. I also had Cingular which was mostly hassle free. For dropped calls etc. you should google for opinions in your area, because coverage for different carriers varies widely by location. It's nice to figure out who you talk to most and chose their carrier if you can then at least those calls are free so you can get a cheaper plan.

I've used T-Mobile for the last 4 years. I get good coverage where I am. Also, I use a blackberry and they have the best blackberry data plan of all the providers.

I love my Verizon service. The people on the phone are friendly and want me to be happy. The kids at the stores show me how to use my phone and wait till I've left the store to laugh at me. And I can get service damn near anywhere, which is important to me because I take road trips all the time.

Verizon has worked the best for me (I've used Sprint and Cingular in the past). I get good coverage and few dropped calls.

T-Mobile has proven to be extremely reliable in the Chicagoland area. :up: Trust me, go with T Mobile.

My mom uses Verison and has lots of dropped calls. I have Cingular and those bastards lie in their commercials b/c I have tons of dropped calls. :angry:

WildHoneyAlways said:
T-Mobile has proven to be extremely reliable in the Chicagoland area. :up: Trust me, go with T Mobile.

My mom uses Verison and has lots of dropped calls. I have Cingular and those bastards lie in their commercials b/c I have tons of dropped calls. :angry:

There's a special level of hell reserved for the headquarters of Bell Canada :down:

BonoManiac said:

I think they're better than Bell.

But I'm biased because I'm on a super duper corporate rate with them. :drool:

anitram said:

I think they're better than Bell.

But I'm biased because I'm on a super duper corporate rate with them. :drool:

me too but I need a new phone and I'm having verizon envy right now :drool:

although in general Rogers blows, I'm sure they mean well though :heart:

WildHoneyAlways said:

I've been using T-Mobile since 2000 in Phoenix, AZ and Seattle, WA areas and have never had dropped calls. Also, when i travel around the USA, i do not get charged roaming like Verizon does, my family uses verizion and I keep trying to get them to switch because T-Mobile has better price plans. My sister used her verizon phone while she was visiting me in Phoenix few years ago and racked up a $400 bill because of roaming charges an overages too but roaming was a factor!!

I use a 'National' plan (free roaming) and I pay $39.99 a month for 1000 whenever minutes (Mon - Fri 6AM - 9PM) an Free evening (Mon - Fri 9PM - 6AM) an Free weekend minutes... Not sure you can get this plan because i've had this for awhile for being a member soo long but see if you can.... I pay $3 extra for 300 text messages soo my bill ends up being like $48 after taxes/surcharges without going over. You can get 400 Domestic messages (Text, IM, picture, or video) for $5, 1000 Domestic messages for $10, or Unlimited for $15. Depends on how much you text but other than that, everything else is good, good customer care.

I don't have the myfaves plan. I have the 600 anytime with unlimited nights and weekends for $39.99 + the 400 messages for $4.99.

I also have the blackberry unlimited data plan for $19.99 which is much less expensive than Verizon, Sprint or Cingular.

Is it really possible to pick just 5 people? Also, does it only work if you call them, or can they call you and it's still free?

Back
Top Bottom