Cell phone providers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one should I switch to?

• T-Mobile

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • US Cellular

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Verizon

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
clarityat3am said:
Is it really possible to pick just 5 people? Also, does it only work if you call them, or can they call you and it's still free?

I just picked the 5 numbers I call the most for the MyFaves slots, I don't use my phone that much though so it wasn't that hard for me. :reject: Also you can change them once a month.

It's for both incoming and outgoing calls.

I have this idea in my head now that I want a Sidekick or an enV. The t-mobile plan might work better, though, since I know there will be a few people who won't be able to text me. Hmmm...

Who knew this would take so much thinking! lol

Do you have Alltel where you live? I've had it for years and they've got the best plans I've seen for the money.

Do you have excellent credit? If not, Verizon will demand a deposit of $1000. They will tell you they'll give it back after a certain amount of time, but they don't. This happened to my friend. They keep it as a permanent deposit but you don't get it back either in cash or as a discount off your bill. That sucks.

I just sent an email to everyone I know that I'd be calling and/or texting and I'm waiting to hear back from them. That'll be the deciding factor, I think. Thanks for the scary Verizon story! I'll keep that in mind. I'm not sure about Alltel. I'll check.

Ok! I finally decided that I'm going to go with T-Mobile. Going to get their Sidekick plan with unlimited text/email/aim/web browsing :drool: and then whatever individual talk plan looks good when I go to get it. All that stuff is going to be around $65 a month for me, but can you believe that's STILL over $30 cheaper than what I'm paying now. WTF was I thinking when I got Nextel?? lol

Thanks for all of the input from everyone!!

Last edited:
Gosh the only services we have where I live are US Cellular and Cellular One, which is as obscure as they come, I'm sure. We live in a tiny little area. But of coure we could get national plans from other providers. We have US Cellular now. I just need to switch to a National plan, because I am always traveling and roaming up the bill!

Back
Top Bottom