CD/DVD Burner Drives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Does anyone else have constant issues with their drives needing replacement? With the past two computers I have owned I've had to replace 3 CD or DVD drives. I'm wondering if the lasers within the drives are just not to be used as often as I have? On my current drive I can play CDs and watch movies however I cannot burn anything.

What were te other problems?

One thing easily to prevent is if you shut your drive never just press the slide, but push the button. Many people destroy their drives because they just push the slide every time the want to shut it. But a CD or DVD drive isn't meant to be shut this way. It is only if there is something in front of the drive so that it doesn't get destroyed by pushing against that.

I didn't have too many problems with my drives and I use them very frequently as well. So maybe it's just bad luck, like me and my family have with printers, or the drives aren't the best.

My laptop drive (which is one of the ones giving me grief) is the type you have to push shut. In any case I'm thinking of just getting external drives as it seems that I go through them so often.

Ok, the laptop drives are an exception.

It's really a bit weird that you are encoutnering problems with your drives so often. you really have to use the extremely often that they get destroyed so fast.

I think they're just not durable.

My CD burner knackered. When I phoned up the computer company, they chuckled in a overly-knowing sort of way.

When the maintenance guy came out to replace it and told me how much they're worth, (practically nothing) - made me realise we're SO getting ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom