CD Burning issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
OK, here's by dilemma for the week...

We want to make a CD compilation/mix for a party. But first, let me state that we have 2 computers and iTunes on both. On the older computer, I use my video iPod to d/l, and on this newer computer, my daughter d/l's to her iPod Nano. So she bought some songs for her iPod (thanks Carlos :wink:). I ysi'd them to my other computer. I also ripped a few songs from CDs we own. So we have 19 songs total on the older computer (2004). I put them all into iTunes (separate playlist). I went to burn from iTunes, but it wouldn't let me burn 5 of the songs, which happened to be the 5 she bought from this computer. So instead, I copy the other 14 and load them into HER iTunes (on newer computer). So thus I have 19. But I need them to be in mp3 format or other playable format for our CD players, etc. The 19 on a disc will only play on the computers (and I know this). So I tried putting the 19 song CD into Windows Media player and ripped them. Then I went to Nero to burn it, and it says it will burn into MP3 format. 20 minutes later, I put it in my boombox, and it won't play. I try another, it works. My daughter tries 2 or 3 more and it won't play. What is wrong with the picture, in other words, what the hell do I do now? I need about 8 copies of this disc. We are going to give them out as party favors in a few days...

:help:

anyone? :help:

I was using CD-RW discs - could this be the problem? I'm sending hubby out for CD-R discs to see if that could resolve the issue

Last edited:
I tried to answer your question, but I got really confused as to what the question was. :huh:
If you would have mentioned it was a CD-RW... :madwife:

CD-RWs do not play in a CD player. They are rewritable though so you can keep those CDs in case you need to transfer some info from one computer to another. Just be really careful when handling them because scratches on a CD-RW are the kiss of death.

So stick with CD-Rs that ARE NOT MEMOREX. :mad: :mad:

Lila64 said:
:shifty: Why not Memorex? Hubby bought them, and they seem to work fine... :shifty:

thanks for the response!

I've always had the worst of luck with Memorex. It works fine with the computer, but for some of my CD players it skips all over the place. And it didn't even read a DVD I burned this week.
You'd be much better off with Sony or Fujifilm. :up:

Damn, I wish I knew this 24 hours ago when I sent hubby to the store to buy blanks! Oh well, we have a giant stack of Memorex now. Hope they work alright :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom