CD Burning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkat

Blue Crack Addict
The CD's that I have burned don't hold up well.

Today my Snow Patrol only maybe a month old sounds like a dance remix :dance:

Am I doing something wrong? Am I using poor quality CD's maybe? :slant:

I avoid Imation because they always peeled. Right now I have a CompUSA pack and in my mp3 discman (yes I'm old school), my discs often skip or don't play the last few tracks. I can't figure out if it's the brand of CDs, my CD burner conking out, or my discman on the fritz. :shrug:

Can you try burning one on a friend's computer? Then you can rule out the CD-RW drive as the culprit.

I gave up on Imation because I'd run into too many bum discs. Now I only use Memorex and don't have any problems with them.

Prior to that, I loved Sony and never had any trouble, but Memorex were usually on sale at Office Max. :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Can you try burning one on a friend's computer? Then you can rule out the CD-RW drive as the culprit.

Most of my friends wouldn't know if they had a cd burner. :tsk:

They actually ask me for tech help :lol:... it's sad

I'll start with buying better cd's see if that helps.

do your CDs sound bad right when you burn them, or is it a gradual, over-a-period-of-time kind of thing?

my friend once burned me a couple of CDs, which had lots of scratches and skips, which were because her burner was old and needed repair. i know this because she burned me audio and photo CDs, and the audio ones had skips and the photo ones had random incomplete photos and some of the color would be jacked up on other ones.

I use TDK which has worked wonderfully for me....except when i try to burn VCDs -____-

Do you have Windows XP? It automatically burns data/mp3 discs and I believe uses Windows Media Player to burn audio discs. You can also download the trial version of Nero until you can buy something else.

marik: yeah there are loads of programs that can still burn. even though it won;t have all the capabilities that Nero had, it will still be enough.
Real Player
iTunes
Windows Media Player
like LivLuv said, you could try downloading hte trial version of Nero. i did that, but my trial expried yesterday ;]

Back
Top Bottom