Cant play videos in Firefox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I'm getting really annoyed and hoping someone can help.

I got a new computer at work, and I am using Firefox version 2.0.0.17 or something like that. I can load videos like on youtube, but then they dont play. I can click play all day long and it does nothing. Yesterday I reboot and then it worked but now again today its not working. Works fine on Internet Explorer. I'm at a loss. :scream:

HA HA!!!

I knew Firefox would let you down sometime!!

Everybody's always "oooh, try Firefox" and "IE Sucks" and "La dee da, why don't you switch to Firefox?"

OH SWEET IRONY! It appears the shoe is on the other foot now eh??!!

HARRR HARRR HARRRR!!!!!

I'm done :reject:

Should I try downloading Firefox 3? Kind of worried about my existing extensions not working with it.

*edit I installed adobe flash player and it seems to be working for now. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I've had this issue on my home computer a few times as well, never been able to entirely figure out what the problem is. The newest version of Firefox does seem to be working for me though.

I've had this issue on my home computer a few times as well, never been able to entirely figure out what the problem is. The newest version of Firefox does seem to be working for me though.

I've had that problem a few times too. And yeah, never figured out what it is. Once or twice, if I have the computer on and leave firefox open for a looong time (days) it'll do this and I just have to close the browser and reopen it.
Othertimes it seems to want to update.
Othertimes, god knows wtf it does.

If anyone could reveal what is actually happening, it would save me many sleepless nights.

HA HA!!!

I knew Firefox would let you down sometime!!

Everybody's always "oooh, try Firefox" and "IE Sucks" and "La dee da, why don't you switch to Firefox?"

OH SWEET IRONY! It appears the shoe is on the other foot now eh??!!

HARRR HARRR HARRRR!!!!!

I'm done :reject:

:lol:

Post = win.

Well its weird, after I installed the latest adobe flash player, I haven't had any issues. *knock on wood*

I think it must be some sort of buggy thing with Firefox or something. My daughter's stopped working, too.

ETA - they seem to be working for me again. I didn't do anything to fix it, they just started working.

Back
Top Bottom