Can't burn DVDs and have them work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So I got this nice, shiny new dvd burner for Christmas. Sony DRX-83OU DVD/CD rewritable drive. I can't burn crap with it.

If I have a dvd VIDEO_TS file on my external hard drive and plug it into my friend's MacBook, he can burn it just fine and it plays on my dvd player. If I try to do it with my dvd burner--the same file, onto the same brand & type blank dvd--mine won't play.

I don't know what the issue is. One thing may be this Sonic DLA crap that comes up on mine but doesn't on his. He doesn't need to format the blank dvd on his MacBook & it burns fine. Mine says that Sonic DLA cannot write to the blank disc until I format it. When I format it, it sucks up 400MB and makes it so that I can't burn dvd's larger than 4.3GB. Fine...I try burning smaller ones. Even for those, nothing works on my dvd player (though does when burned through the macbook). I've tried "Make Compatible," I've tried skipping the "Make Compatible" step. Neither way works. I've also right-clicked on the drive & unchecked DLA, but when I do that and try to drag & drop, it says that it cannot copy the files.

Any ideas at all? I can't tell you how frustrating this is!! :mad:

Are you using DVD RW's or just regular DVD-R or DVD+R? Honestly, I agree that you should dump that program and just burn with something like NERO.

ramblin rose said:
Are you using DVD RW's or just regular DVD-R or DVD+R? Honestly, I agree that you should dump that program and just burn with something like NERO.

I've used both DVD-R and DVD+R, neither are working (yet both work fine with the same file through the macbook).

The Sonic DLA thing isn't a program that I'm actively opening. It just seems to activate when I drag & drop the files onto the dvd folder. :shrug:

As for Nero.... The dvd burner actually came with a disc for Nero. Whenever I try to install it, it says "Installation interrupted" but a few seconds into it. I downloaded a copy of Nero from a bit torrent and the same thing happens when I try to install it---it says it's interrupted and stops. I even downloaded a demo version off the Nero site, and for some reason that wouldn't give me the dvd burning section of Nero 7 Essentials.

I have no clue! :sigh:

Yep. I tried that back when I had Norton, and now that I have NOD32, I tried it with that off, too.

I actually just now tried installing it in Safe Mode. Googling this issue, it seems that a lot of discs of Nero 7 don't install properly; some people have had success by copying the disc contents to the hard drive and then installing in Safe Mode. However, I just tried that and it says that it can't access Windows Installer in Safe Mode. Kung Fu!?!?!?!??!??!!! :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom