Can a computer DVD burner record off my TV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So, I've wanted a DVD burner for a long time. I'd love to be able to really trade DVDs instead of mooching off of freebies or doing B&Ps. However, I'm at a crossroads in terms of what to get, as I'd also like to be able to record stuff off the TV instead of using a VCR.

I'd rather not buy a DVD-R for my tv (like the normal dvd player kind) AND one for my laptop. I highly doubt a tv dvd-r can interact at all with my laptop, but I'm wondering if a computer dvd-recorder can be set up so I can also record off of my TV.

Does anyone know?

I don't know exactly, but I have a friend co-worker who's really into videos/DVD/editing and that kind of stuff and he always talks about how he's so jealous of this one friend who has a "Gigapocket". He says the Gigapocket has some sort of input from the TV and then it records programs on the computer so he can burn DVDs. Sound like what you want, but I'm not sure if there are better options...

Hmm, i don't think so...

But what you COULD do is buy a DVD burner for your computer, get a TV tuner card (which allows you to watch TV on your computer), record with the TV tuner, and then put it on a DVD. That's what I plan to do once I get the money.

TV Card for your Laptop/Computer would probably be the best Idea.

I have A DVD Recorder hooked up to the TV and a DVD Burner on my computer, I have 10 Re-writable DVDs (which cost a bit!) so when i'm out of disks i just copy what i want to keep on my computer and burn them to just writable disks, then I can erase whats on the rewritables....or can I just store it on the Hard Drive.

Back
Top Bottom