Camera help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
It's been a while since I've bought a camera and have not kept up with the point-and-shoot technology. I'm getting my mom a camera for Christmas. She currently has a Canon A460 which was basic and cheap back when we bought it. The number one thing the new camera needs is a large LCD (3") but NOT touchscreen LCD. It does not have to pop off and swivel. LCD size and quality is the number one thing for my mom. Video and an optical viewfinder are features I do not see her using. She is not a photographer and prefers to use scene modes so something with good scene modes that are easy to access/change are important (however I personally would like it to at least have the option of manual). The Nikon she had before her current camera had a Macro mode that we liked. She gardens and records what wildflowers she finds so the Macro mode was neat for closeups of flowers. Size wise she likes a smaller camera that can fit in her purse, so probably something smaller/flatter and not one of those that looks like a small DSLR body. Any optical zoom more than 5X is sufficient; digital zoom does not factor into my decision. Megapixels are not of any consequence either, in fact I'd prefer less to having more with the same censor. She uses Picasa on her computer and would not use any editing features on the camera (her eyes are getting bad, hence the need for a larger screen). Must be something that uses SD cards since I help my mom and share cards, and both of our computers accept SD cards. It does not need to "fit" any other filters, audio input, external flash, etc, she will only use it as-is. Budget is under $250.

Recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom