Are you a Photoshop wizard? Do you like charity cases?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've got a picture that needs help. :( I took what I believe to be a pretty decent panoramic shot of the huge screens over the audience at last year's Charlotte Vertigo. It would be a fuckin' awesome shot if not for some stranger sticking their grubby paw in my way just as I snapped the shutter. :mad:

I've ventured into Photoshop a time or two & toyed around - i.e., I put Bono on a box of Wheaties last year & that turned out nicely - but I know I don't have the skill to fix this photo.

Would any of you be willing to take this shot & fix it so I could reprint a corrected version? Can that even be done? (I scan an actual photo, send it through the ether, get it fixed & have it sent back, suitable for framing???? :confused: )

Here's what I'm talking about:
Charlottepanoramic.jpg

I can't pay you, but I can be eternally grateful and sing your praises till my throat bleeds. :flirt:

i'd be willing to take a look at it for you, do you have the original high res version from your camera? i'm at work now but i can play with it when i get home in a couple hours.

my email is lizartlizard @ gmail.com if you want to send me the original photo. looks like you've resized this one to post?

Abel - you're a dear to offer help, but the pic isn't digital. :reject: I know.... who takes film anymore?!?!??! Luddites like me, I guess.

That seems to answer my question though... there's not much I can do to the picture & still keep its quality acceptable, huh? :(

You need a much higher res scan. Maybe a photo developer can help? A friend of mine took SLR photos when we were in Africa, and she had them make a digital disc when she got them developed. I've printed 8x10s from those scans and they still look great. Maybe they scan the negative or something.

BluRmGrl said:
Abel - you're a dear to offer help, but the pic isn't digital. :reject: I know.... who takes film anymore?!?!??! Luddites like me, I guess.

That seems to answer my question though... there's not much I can do to the picture & still keep its quality acceptable, huh? :(

actually i still take pics the old fashioned way occassionally, but when i take them to the photo developer place i ask them to put it on cd for me. :wink:

the image can be removed just as sicy did with the clone stamp tool, but that's still not going to help the resolution of it when it's printed.

Liesje said:
You need a much higher res scan. Maybe a photo developer can help? A friend of mine took SLR photos when we were in Africa, and she had them make a digital disc when she got them developed. I've printed 8x10s from those scans and they still look great. Maybe they scan the negative or something.

:yes: I work at a photo developing shop and all we do to put film on a CD is run the negatives through a scanning machine. You'll get high res pictures on the CD. It's very easy for the developer and not all that expensive for you. That would be my suggestion, then the photo can be altered like Sicy did and it will look great. :)

You could also grab the image of the screens and transform it (or whatever the term is) so that the top comes forward a bit and it's more of a true rectangle, if that makes sense.

Sicy said:
Clone stamp tool :drool:

Charlottepanoramicfixed.jpg

Sicy - IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A GODDESS!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

That is so spectacular - wish I had the skill/confidence to accomplish the same thing with my Photoshop skills. :yes: But for the time being, I'm happy to let you do the work! :wink:

Thank you again. I'll be working on framing that puppy now! :up:

Back
Top Bottom