Are these the same part?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeevey

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Yeah both are DDR3 SODIMMs, the quality may differ though, these fit appple laptops and are easy to replace. Never had a Mac so I am not 100% sure if they're the right kind for that but a quick google search should confirm that.

If you want a real boost I'd go for 2gig memory banks though, they aren't much more expensive. Be sure to stick two identical memory banks into a laptop, if you put, for example, a 1 and 2 gig bank in it will be more instable than when you put two 1gig or two 2gig banks in.

What are your Mac specs though, hardware and OSX wise? Since below, I think Snow Leopard it's the same as pre Win7 Windows machines, that it can't handle more than 3Gigs of RAM, so then you could best go for two 1gig banks.

:lol: Wow ok that's impressive. 512 MB of ram, epic. It doesn't even have two memory bank slots. Then just get the 1 gig bank and you'll be as far as you can go with this thing. I'm impressed it's still alive though.

There're actually really sturdy little things-- they were what junior high schools issued to kids when they first started giving laptops away and needed something that can be dropped or left out in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom