Apple TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
What you guys think?
:hmm:

I'm gonna give it a shot.

indextop_20070109.jpg

Your computer is the center of your digital life. Your TV is the center of your entertainment life. But what if you want to watch movies, TV shows, movie trailers, podcasts, and photos from your computer on your TV? At $299, Apple TV brings iTunes to the big screen.

The revolution will be televised.
Say you’ve just downloaded Cars from iTunes. Instead of huddling around your computer to watch, you pop some popcorn while your computer wirelessly syncs your new flick to Apple TV. Then you pull up a seat, put up your feet, and pick up the included Apple Remote to play your movie on TV. Give yourself a hand: You've just changed the way you watch digital media.

iTunes to Apple TV, wire free.
Apple TV connects to your TV via an HDMI port or component video and audio ports. Its built-in, superfast 802.11 wireless capability syncs your iTunes library from any Mac or PC in the house. Best of all, what's on Apple TV stays in sync: Anytime you change your library in iTunes, it changes on Apple TV — wirelessly, automatically.

What’s on TV? Whatever you want.
Apple TV puts your iTunes library — movies, TV shows, music, and podcasts — plus movie trailers from Apple.com on your TV. And your digital photos from iPhoto on a Mac or Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe Album on a Windows PC appear in high definition, so you can put on a stunning big-screen slideshow.

RedrocksU2 said:
Your computer is the center of your digital life. Your TV is the center of your entertainment life. But what if you want to watch movies, TV shows, movie trailers, podcasts, and photos from your computer on your TV? At $299

Hmm, it looks sweet, but I've already been doing all of the above for a LOT less than $299!

I'll be ordering one this friday
The only thing I need now is to find the Beatles edit of the Windows in the Sky video in high definition quicktime.......any helpers?

EdgeVox@aol.com

RedrocksU2 said:
Lies, are you doing it without wires? :hmm:

No, but I'm doing it with wires that already came with my comp and/or DVD player for free so I'm not complaining. Plus, our On Demand already has shows, movies, music, music videos, etc and most of these are free.

IMO, there's just nothing special enough about it to be worth $300. Getting rid of two cords is worth $300?

Actually, my laptop and my husbands new LCD monitor are both better quality than our TV, and his monitor is larger than the TV. We're now watching all our movies on our computers, no wires or any extra wireless device needed. His computer supports TV input so we'd use it as a TV if we had a co-ax jack in the same room as his computer.

I think the only interesting things coming out of the Apple TV right now are the hacks. It's looking like it may be possible to boot OS X from an external hard drive and run the Apple TV as a Mac on your TV.

Otherwise, it's not worth it, IMO :shrug:

Apple Tv to be delivered on Monday from apple.com. I also just got a cool HD Samsung DLP tv with 2 HDMI's. Everything I've read about the Apple TV has been very positive (7 & 8's out of 10), I'll be happy to give y'all some impressions when I get it. I just got the Apple AirPort Extreme last week and have been very happy with the more solid signal and the wireless printing and wireless shared hard drive. Very very cool stuff; yes i'm totally drinking from the Cupertino Kool-Aid and I'm supremely satisfied with all their stuff.

I already have a Mac Titanium running as an integrated part of my TV/Stereo set-up, so there really isn't any need for the Apple TV. I would have been interested in it if they had it with a DVR. I think it only comes with a 40 GB HD, too, doesn't it? That just seems small for everything that should interconnected between your TV and computer.
I'd love to hear what people think of theirs, but I think an old (relatively) laptop and an external HD can do much better things when hooked up to a TV. I did have the luxury of preplanning my A/V wiring, too, so I can see why people like the wireless part of it.

Mark

fca780 said:
I'm going to buy it you know... it supports the draft of n wireless technology, that is cool and fast.

SIDE NOTE: onebloodonelife, do you have a bigger version of the pic you have on your sig? I want it!!! :drool:
-FCA

Yep, here you are:

It looks gorgeous as a desktop BTW :drool: I have so many pictures of the screens, and they all look so good!

I think this is more of a stepping stone than a final product. Kind of like the Wii.

Ultimately, I think there'll be a product that's a TV, computer, video game system, dvd & cd player/burner, & radio all in one unit---and it'll probably come from Apple. Apple TV is pretty close, but not quite there yet.

onebloodonelife said:

Yep, here you are:

It looks gorgeous as a desktop BTW :drool: I have so many pictures of the screens, and they all look so good!

really? I was looking for pics of screens (specially The Fly, those letters :drool: ) I even made a thread about that in PLEBA, but did not got very lucky...would you email me the links? fca780@yahoo.com
Thanks!!!
love and peace
-FCA

Back
Top Bottom