Apple speakers: Bose SoundDock vrs. Apple Hi Fi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm going to buy either one of these pretty soon. Has anyone compared the sound of both?

I'm now leaning towards the Bose speakers but I'd like to know a little bit more of otherp people's reviews before I make a purchase like this.

Anyone know?

gotta be honest.. for the price of the HiFi.. you can buy a really nice full stereo shelf system w/cd/dvd/radio/etc and just connect the ipod to the aux jacks w/a dock (so the ipod is powered)

I love my Soundock.
I've listened to all of them and this one sounded the best ....by far.

sounddock.jpg

Yeah, I went for the SoundDock.

It's a very particular sound that I hadn't heard before. I'm still kind of getting used to it because, given it's shape, it doesn't really give you a surround sound BUT it makes it up with a rich sound in which you can distinguish all of the nuances of the music.

It's different. I honestly expected a tad better because of how it doesn't give youa "surround" feel. Yes, it is impressive because how a sound like that can come from a small thing like that but really you can't replace a Hi-Fi system entirely with these.

However, I thought I had great computers but ever since I got the SoundDock they don't sound as good.

Overall, I'm satisfied. :up:

well, you´ve made your choice then...

i simply connect the computer output with my mixer/ amp/ speakers via output soundcard -> input cinch

i tend to dislike computer speakers/ sound devices, most of them are crappy

however, bose also produce some decent hifi monitors also if i´m not a fan of the subwoofer system, but ok..

Back
Top Bottom