Apple Music problems - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-26-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
Acrobat
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 312
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Apple Music problems

Has anyone found a way to fix it? I signed up for the free trial and ever since it screwed up my music library.

Bootlegs are randomly replaced with studio versions, album covers are wrong, deluxe editions of albums don't load etc. I'm somewhat at ease because it's only on my phone and the itunes library seems intact.

I'm just about at the point to cancel the subscription, erase all music and copy it fresh from iTunes, but I figured maybe someone has a fix? I do like Apple music but I'm not willing to have all my stuff messed up.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Apple Music problems

I made the enormous mistake of doing the Apple Music free trial and had the same issue.
Go to settings>music>library
Turn off "iCloud music library".
However, your library on your computer is scarred until your trial ends.
You can leave on "show Apple Music" if you want to continue to access the streaming.
Spotify premium is far superior in every aspect.



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #3
Acrobat
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 312
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Oh brilliant, now about half of my music is gone on the phone. On the upside it just has made the decision to cancel that much easier. My trial runs out in a few days, I'll restore it then. Ugh Apple, so much for being the 'simple, intuitive' OS.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
Oh brilliant, now about half of my music is gone on the phone. On the upside it just has made the decision to cancel that much easier. My trial runs out in a few days, I'll restore it then. Ugh Apple, so much for being the 'simple, intuitive' OS.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Really? I'm very sorry. It worked for me.
It deletes the music that you download to your phone through Apple Music. Did it delete things you've purchased?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #5
Acrobat
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 312
Local Time: 01:49 AM
No worries, not your fault. It's stupid Apple's fault. I should mention I have a lot of bootlegs. I think what happened is that every song that was replaced by a studio version is gone.

But like I said I do have it all on the computer so no harm done. Other than the annoyance at the absolute incompetence of such a huge company.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
No worries, not your fault. It's stupid Apple's fault. I should mention I have a lot of bootlegs. I think what happened is that every song that was replaced by a studio version is gone.

But like I said I do have it all on the computer so no harm done. Other than the annoyance at the absolute incompetence of such a huge company.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

On my phone it turned all of my bootlegs to the studio versions.
But my iTunes on my laptop was unchanged.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #7
Acrobat
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 312
Local Time: 01:49 AM
For me it just changed some. Can't figure out a pattern. It also deleted some old copied CDs off the phone. I had three albums added with a vinyl download code, one disappeared and two are still there. Makes no sense. In any case, I'm done with Apple music and will just copy my old library back onto the phone


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:46 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Apple Music problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
For me it just changed some. Can't figure out a pattern. It also deleted some old copied CDs off the phone. I had three albums added with a vinyl download code, one disappeared and two are still there. Makes no sense. In any case, I'm done with Apple music and will just copy my old library back onto the phone


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sorry to hear that.
If you're looking for a good music streaming option, Spotify premium is much better. It's very easy to navigate through on the phone, it's fast and the sound quality is great. I've used it a long time and it's been worth it.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:00 PM   #9
Acrobat
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 312
Local Time: 01:49 AM
I'll look into it. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com