Apple Music problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuma

Acrobat
Has anyone found a way to fix it? I signed up for the free trial and ever since it screwed up my music library.

Bootlegs are randomly replaced with studio versions, album covers are wrong, deluxe editions of albums don't load etc. I'm somewhat at ease because it's only on my phone and the itunes library seems intact.

I'm just about at the point to cancel the subscription, erase all music and copy it fresh from iTunes, but I figured maybe someone has a fix? I do like Apple music but I'm not willing to have all my stuff messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I made the enormous mistake of doing the Apple Music free trial and had the same issue.
Go to settings>music>library
Turn off "iCloud music library".
However, your library on your computer is scarred until your trial ends.
You can leave on "show Apple Music" if you want to continue to access the streaming.
Spotify premium is far superior in every aspect.

Oh brilliant, now about half of my music is gone on the phone. On the upside it just has made the decision to cancel that much easier. My trial runs out in a few days, I'll restore it then. Ugh Apple, so much for being the 'simple, intuitive' OS.

Oh brilliant, now about half of my music is gone on the phone. On the upside it just has made the decision to cancel that much easier. My trial runs out in a few days, I'll restore it then. Ugh Apple, so much for being the 'simple, intuitive' OS.

Really? I'm very sorry. It worked for me.
It deletes the music that you download to your phone through Apple Music. Did it delete things you've purchased?

No worries, not your fault. It's stupid Apple's fault. I should mention I have a lot of bootlegs. I think what happened is that every song that was replaced by a studio version is gone.

But like I said I do have it all on the computer so no harm done. Other than the annoyance at the absolute incompetence of such a huge company.

No worries, not your fault. It's stupid Apple's fault. I should mention I have a lot of bootlegs. I think what happened is that every song that was replaced by a studio version is gone.

But like I said I do have it all on the computer so no harm done. Other than the annoyance at the absolute incompetence of such a huge company.

On my phone it turned all of my bootlegs to the studio versions.
But my iTunes on my laptop was unchanged.

For me it just changed some. Can't figure out a pattern. It also deleted some old copied CDs off the phone. I had three albums added with a vinyl download code, one disappeared and two are still there. Makes no sense. In any case, I'm done with Apple music and will just copy my old library back onto the phone

For me it just changed some. Can't figure out a pattern. It also deleted some old copied CDs off the phone. I had three albums added with a vinyl download code, one disappeared and two are still there. Makes no sense. In any case, I'm done with Apple music and will just copy my old library back onto the phone

Sorry to hear that.
If you're looking for a good music streaming option, Spotify premium is much better. It's very easy to navigate through on the phone, it's fast and the sound quality is great. I've used it a long time and it's been worth it.

Back
Top Bottom