Anyone know of a good password keeper program?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I have a number of different passwords and usernames, depending on the rules of the site, the type of site, and however I'm feeling the day I create it. ;) This, of course, means that I'm clicking on "Forgot Password?" more often than I'm entering one in!

Does anyone know of a good, SECURE password keeper? I'll admit, I'm a little hesitant about downloading a random one for fear that it's chock full of spyware & sending all my info back to Joe Shmoe. Any of them come with good recommendations/experience?

Thanks so much!

I keep the super-important ones in my head. The less important ones I'm compiling in a simple spreadsheet, which will be saved on an encrypted drive. They're the sort of password that it wouldn't really matter if someone else cracked (like Interference for example :wink: ). My bank, paypal, and student loan passwords are stored in my brain.

I've never heard of a program for storing passwords, just programs that are used for encryption.

Firefox has a password saving feature in Tools -> Security. One's just a general saving of passwords, the other is for the creation of a master password. I've never used the latter, so I'm not sure how it works.

Of course, none of this will help if you're using a shared computer and don't want others to access your various accounts, etc.

I use FireFox to store many of mine. However it's not really secure. You can display the password in plain text. I use it mainly for help forums I use maybe once or twice.

Back
Top Bottom